Your new favorite meal prep recipe, this Strawberry Salmon Salad is quick to make, full of fresh produce, and high in protein and healthy fats! Serve it over greens, with gluten free crackers, in sandwiches, and more!
For the Salmon:
- 10 –12 ounces fresh salmon (about 2 cups cooked flaked salmon) or two 5-ounce cans wild caught boneless salmon
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup 2% plain yogurt / greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup cucumber and/or celery, diced
- 1/2 large avocado (80 grams), diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley or basil, chopped
- Optional arugula for serving
- Optional Seasonings: cracked pepper, sea salt, lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Use paper towels to pat the salmon dry. Drizzle with the olive oil, and generously season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 -14 minutes, or 10 minutes per inch of salmon thickness. Use an instant-read thermometer to check that is has reached an internal temperature of 145° F. NOTE -> Thicker salmon will take closer to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let salmon rest for 5 minutes (It will continue to cook at rest ). Then, flake it with a fork, and discard any skin. Place in a large mixing/serving bowl, and set aside. If using canned salmon, drain then flake with a fork, and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, honey, mustard, and salt, and pepper (to taste) until combined. Set aside.
- Place strawberries, cucumber, and avocado in the bowl with the flaked salmon. Gently mix together. Add the yogurt dressing and fresh herbs and toss to combine. Taste and season as desired.
- Serve on a bed of arugula, with gluten free crackers, with cooked quinoa, or as desired. See notes for lunch meal prep options.
Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For a make-ahead option, prepare the salmon salad without the dressing. Keep dressing separate until ready to serve.
Meal Prep Option: Layer 1/2 cup salmon salad at bottom of a jar followed by 1 cup cooked quinoa or gluten free pasta, a handful of arugula, and a squeeze of lemon juice on top. Add any additional seasoning or olive oil. When ready to serve, shake the jar, and pour the ingredients into a bowl.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-14 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 99.8 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 19.1 g
- Cholesterol: 38.7 mg
Keywords: salmon, salmon salad, meal prep, high protein