Gluten Free Salted Caramel Protein Bites! The perfect protein ball recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth! Super easy to make with no baking, kid friendly, great for snacking, desserts, etc.
Well guys, I wrote this whole post awhile back and just found out it was deleted. Sadness. But I do remember I wrote about my favorite flavor ice cream (caramel with snickerdoodle cookies mashed in). Hence these salted caramel snickerdoodle protein bites.
And at least these salted caramel protein bites have already been shipped to the winner and enjoyed by all, right?
So let’s just drool over those little caramel bits while we remake this batch! Because let’s face it, you can’t go wrong with any salted caramel and if you put in the form of a “protein” bite then it makes it even more magical…. err… healthish? Yes, let’s go with that!
But in all seriousness, you have to try these bites. They are so good for parties, healthy snacks for kids and adults, etc. Jam packed with flavor a protein and no oven required!
No bake gluten free salted caramel protein bites for ALL!! Heck, just bring them to your next function and watch them be attacked. You know what I mean. Hunger, then hanger. We’ve all been there. And if you’re wanting more chocolatey protein bite flavors, check out Vegetarian Mama’s Chocolate Chip Protein Bites!
The best part about these gluten free salted caramel snickerdoodle protein bites is that you can really use any protein. Or even peanut/oat flour. Something to hold up the caramel bits and cinnamon together.
For me, personally, I like a vanilla pea protein or a peanut flour because it brings out the caramel/cinnamon combo, adds an extra punch of gluten free protein, and is dairy free! Oh, and of course, oh so tasty!
That being said, I won’t leave you hanging (and drooling) any more, let’s make a HUGE batch and celebrate the whole salted caramel trend in a healthy no bake gluten free protein bite form…. mmm k?Print
Salted Caramel Snickerdoodle Protein Balls
- 3/4 cup peanut flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein (we used spiced vanilla protein mix)
- 1/2 cup caramel chips or chopped caramel candy bits
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp butter extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients.
- Then mix in your nut butter, extracts, and last the honey. Mix well (I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. You can then roll bites in the extra protein/cinnamon powder after you roll. Makes about 30 balls.
- Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more.
- Add more honey/nut butter if they end up being too dry to roll. Just depends on type of protein you use.
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Butter extract is optional. But it does help bring out the salt flavor. You can also add in caramel extract!
- the caramel candy will be frozen when you place in freezer for storage. So I would keep these in fridge if you want them softer and chewy. If you are looking for dairy free caramel, you can find them here
- Category: dessert/snack
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 20
- Fat: 2.8
- Saturated Fat: .7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 8
Keywords: no bake protein balls
Flapjacked is generously giving away a bag of their new Carrot Spice Mix as well as their new gluten free microwaveable Mighty Muffins. If you don’t know what those are, check out my instagram post here! You’ll be amazed! A dessert that took 35 seconds ya’ll!
I’ll be giving away a batch of Healthy Bites too. But if you don’t win, you can always check out my two ebooks.. just sayin. 😉
Anybody craving ice cream yet? Hurry, go make these! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Favorite ice cream flavor as a child? Did it involve salted caramel?
last question… what’s your go to protein bite recipe? SHARE the love!