Healthy Bites is where it all began. Yes, over 5 years ago I started making these little balls of goodness for my husband (aka the kiwi). I also made them for me since I couldn’t eat gluten, and at that time there were very few decent gluten free bars, etc. You can read more about that story here.
Below is one of my first “boxes” I ever made.
But it was also at that time I stopped guest posting on the kiwi’s old blog and started my own. This one. I should have named it Sherpa Wife Chronicles, but hey, I love good alteration, so Cotter Crunch it was.
Today I’m going back to my roots, of where it all began. Sharing gluten free recipes and supporting my husband. That’s my TRUE passion, and I’m needing a refresher today! I’m hoping on a jet plane and going to “sherpa” the kiwi at his race this weekend. I’m beyond excited, just to be there and cheer!
And I’m beyond excited to share with you another BALL/BITE recipe and then let you LINK UP whatever BITE/BALL recipe you have been making. So let’s get this show on the road, shall we?Print
Paleo cocoa cherry pistachios bites! Naturally sweetened, grain free, and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth! Paleo and vegan friendly
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, peanut flour, or flapjacked buttermilk pancake batter.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or other chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice
- handful of dried cherries
- 1/4 cup crushed pitaschios
- butter extract (1/2 tsp) –optional, can use cherry extract or vanilla too!
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- Optional add ins –> ground ginger or cinnamon
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut or peanut flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder or chocolate protein, 1/4 cup nut butter like eatnuttzo, and a handful of dried cherries and crushed pistachios in a large bow. Mix well. Then add in your honey or maple syrup. Add in a dash of cinnamon or ginger for extra spice Mix again and then roll into bite sized balls. Makes about 15-18 balls. Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Now it’s your turn! If you have a recipe similar to a healthy bite, or have a made one of my recipes in the past on your blog, LINK UP!
What’s your favorite HEALTHY BITE flavor combo?
If you linked up or left a comment, then you will automatically be entered into my 2nd Healthy Bite Edition Ebook giveaway. Just a way to say THANK YOU!
Now go live your passion!
I use Flapjacked Protein Pancake batter a lot when making healthy bites. Great source of WHEY protein. They just so happen to be running a back to school special this weekend, so go check it out!