Orange Upside Down Mini Cakes! These gluten free mini cakes are made with almond flour, natural sweeteners, and topped with fluffy whipped coconut cream frosting! Dairy free too! So perfect for spring, right?! Healthy, light, and refreshing.
Friends..Family… Comrades! It’s time to celebrate Spring and the official LAUNCH of Nourishing Superfoods Cookbook. I know, I’m still on the cookbook promo kick, but can you blame me? This was my whole life for over a year. I gotta take the time to celebrate small victories. Will you join in on the celebration with these little “celebration” cakes? Made with wholesome ingredients so you can have your cake and eat it too!
Think Upside Down Cake in mini cake form
Some might call this a “sunshine cake”, we’re just missing the pineapple. Still, it’s simple, light, and perfectly sweet, these easy-to-make orange sunshine cakes bring a little happy to your table!
So let’s do it! Let’s bring a little more celebration and sunshine into the world, y’all! A recipe to brighten your day, and it’s healthy enough to sneak in a few pieces, or even serve for breakfast, and you already know I’m guilty of cake for breakfast, haha!
The recipe is simple, light, and perfect for Spring. You don’t even need that much sweetener, since the orange juice delivers just the right burst of sweetness. It’s really good y’all, and I plan on making it for Easter as well!
Now you know I can’t resist talking about the health benefits, even with cake, because shouldn’t we ALL be eating more cake with health benefits? 😉
Ingredients you need:
- Almond flour – Almond flour is gluten free and grain free! If you’ve never tried almond and orange together, you’re missing out on an INCREDIBLE flavor combo!
- Almond butter – The almond butter gives these cakes a dose of plant-based protein but also make for a great dairy free butter alternative!
- Orange Juice – To sweeten the deal… I mean cakes!
- Banana – A natural sweetener and provides extra moisture.
- Coconut Sugar – A small amount of coconut sugar goes a long way with the orange juice and banana. It’s unrefined and gives it a molasses like taste!
- And it’s got a whipped coconut cream topping, so it’s dairy free and refined sugar free!
gluten free mini cake baking trick!
All you’re gonna do is make these in muffin form first, with the orange slices at the bottom. Then we will cut of the tops of the muffin and add whipped coconut cream with honey and orange zest. The last tip and trick is that broiled orange slices. Yep, just thinly slice a mandarin or small orange, toss with coconut sugar (optional), and broil!
Hopefully I’ve convinced you to go make these super duper delicious orange mini cakes, because they make a delicious dessert or snack that are too good to pass up!Print
Favorite celebration cake? Do share!