Homemade Maple Bourbon Glaze comes together with just a handful of natural ingredients in a matter of minutes! Use it to make salmon, pork, and desserts!
Sponsored by our friends at Lakanto and their sugar-free maple syrup, this maple bourbon glaze is made with simple, lower-sugar ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. Thank you for supporting the brands that help us create delicious gluten-free recipes like this one for you! Full disclosure and privacy terms here.
Maple Bourbon Glaze Recipe
We love maple bourbon glaze! However, we aren’t always the biggest fans of all the sugar and added ingredients premade versions contain.
So, we decided to make our own, and not to toot our own horn, but it might be the best we’ve ever tasted! Made with just a few ingredients, it’s sweet and savory with a hint of warm spice.
Even better, it’s lower in sugar than standard recipes and comes together with minimal prep time, cooking time, or cleanup required! You can be in and out of the kitchen with a total time of about 30 minutes! Go ahead and make a big batch to keep on hand to add flavor to all your favorite recipes.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Maple Syrup – We use Lakanto’s sugar-free maple syrup recipe to create a thick, sticky texture and rich maple taste with none of the sugar!
- Coconut Sugar – Feel free to use brown sugar, if preferred.
- Pure Distilled Bourbon Whiskey – Pure, distilled bourbon is considered to be gluten-free!
- Orange Juice – Freshly squeezed is best! Or, swap the orange juice for apple cider vinegar.
- Ground Ginger – This adds a nice kick of flavor that balances out the sweetness.
- Nutmeg – Technically optional, this adds extra depth and a bit of warmth.
Pro-Tip: Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract if you plan on using this glaze for dessert recipes!
Less Sugar, Same Great Taste!
One taste of this glaze, and you won’t believe it’s actually fairly low in sugar. It tastes like the real deal thanks to Lakanto’s sugar-free maple syrup! Made with natural ingredients and sweetened with monk fruit extract, their maple syrup has just ten calories and zero sugar per serving. It’s even sticky and smooth like pure maple syrup. So, you get all the flavor and texture you love with no artificial ingredients or refined sugars you don’t.
How to Make a Maple Bourbon Glaze
This glaze is so simple, it’s hard to even call it a recipe. With minimal prep time and a quick time, it comes together in minutes!
- Boil. Whisk the maple syrup, coconut sugar, bourbon, orange juice, ginger, and nutmeg, if using in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a light boil.
- Simmer. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the glaze thickens into a syrup-like consistency. And you’re done!
Note: If the glaze is not thick enough after simmering for 20 to 30 minutes, whisk in ½ teaspoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch. It will thicken as it cools!
Ways to Use This Glaze
This glaze pairs wonderfully with a variety of recipes and can be used to bake, roast, and sauté! However, we found it best with salmon, ham, ribs, pork, turkey, veggies (like carrots and sweet potatoes), and desserts like our maple baked pears. Feel free to experiment to find what you like best!
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes, this maple bourbon glaze is great to make ahead of time! Once cooled, leftovers can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
More of Our Favorite