Gluten Free Stuffing Salad with Sweet Onion Dressing! A Gluten Free Stuffing recipe with a twist! This easy Holiday side dish combines the comfort food of traditional stuffing with a healthy winter salad! All tossed together in no time and served with a warm sweet onion dressing. A stuffing recipe that is light and flavorful, but still a way to enjoy a classic Thanksgiving side dish! You’ll be hooked, I promise!
Hey friends! I’m super excited about this week. Get ready for some corny cotter-ness. Haha. Yes! It’s time! This week Taylor and I are hosting a virtual Friendsgiving. Actually, it’s everything thing but the Turkey friendsgiving, and boy do we have some amazing gluten free sides and desserts to share! This gluten free stuffing salad being one.
But wait, let me back things up a bit before I get into the first recipe.
I can’t remember exactly when Taylor and I became good blogging friends, but somehow we did. And not a day goes by where we don’t text or interact via social media. She’s been such a blessing to me and I am so THANKFUL to call her a true friend and support.
Which leads me to this week. Since we can’t be at each other’s house for thanksgiving, we want to host a virtual Thanksgiving and invite all of you! The cool thing about this virtual get together is that we have an amazing company that has helped us host it and in a HEALTHY WAY!
Yep, you’ve seen me post about Better Body Foods before, in this dessert post. I’m super pumped to be able to continue to support their brand and what they are about. REAL ingredients, REAL food, REAL care about their product line, customers, and company. Trust me, I’ve had multiple phone calls with Better Body Foods and they truly care about giving to others and creating a healthy lifestyle. So for that, I am thankful. WE are thankful.
Now, enough mushy monday talk. Let’s get to even more exciting stuff. Ahem… like this EPIC recipe. Um, yes, I said EPIC!
This gluten free stuffing salad is more than stuffing. But also more that salad. Ha, does that make sense? I actually took one of my grandma’s old stuffing recipes and deconstructed it. It’s super easy to make but just as flavorful and comforting as true stuffing. The warmed sweet onion dressing being the secret COMFORT FOOD weapon!
Then you add that warm roasted mix to a bowl of chopped salad, radicchio, pumpkin seeds, chia, and dried cranberries. Top that with sliced egg and you are set!
Oh but wait, you must not forget the warm sweet onion (shallot) dressing. It’s also simple and easy to make!
I used Better Body Foods Agave Nectar, chopped onion, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, pepper, and just a tiny bit of Better body Foods Chia seeds to make it thicken. Almost like a poppy seed dressing. The Better Body Foods Organic Agave Nectar gives it that smooth texture but still light and sweet!
Gluten Free Stuffing Salad with Sweet Onion Dressing
- 4 pieces of gluten free bread
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 c olive oil (maybe 1 tbsp more if you are using thick bread)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 thyme sprigs
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 cups cabbage salad
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup chopped radicchio
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- [i]2-3 tbsp pumpkin seeds and/or chia seeds (optional)
- Sweet Onion Dressing ingredients:[/i]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced white onion or shallots
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (feel free to add more once tasted)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- if you want it extra creamy add in 1 tbsp buttermilk or yogurt.
- First make sure your bread and vegetables are all diced up.
- preheat oven to 425F
- Toss chopped vegetables (celery, onion, carrots) and your bread crumbs in 1/4 cup olive oil and minced garlic.
- Spread out that mixture on a baking sheet. Add your thyme sprigs on top with a dash of sea salt.
- Bake/roast at 425F for 12-13 minutes or until bread is crispy and veggies are cooked.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Remove thyme sprigs but just the twigs. Hopefully the leaves from the sprigs have fallen ff now in the mix.
- In another later bowl, toss your cabbage and radicchio. Place this in a casserole dish or large deep baking dish.
- Place your roasted veggies on top of your salad.
- Add your dried cranberry and pumpkin seeds scattered on top.
- Place sliced eggs on top of this mixture next.
- For the dressing, simply blend up all the ingredients listed (1/4 cup olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, chia, pepper, agave, etc.). Place in a glass cup after blended.
- Warm for 15-20 seconds and then pour over the salad mix before serving.
- Top with more sea salt and black pepper if desired. Or even parmesan
- See notes for dressing options.
If you want more dressing for this salad, simply add in more olive oil and either buttermilk or yogurt. 1/3 cup olive oil and 2 tbsp yogurt or buttermilk. Add 1 tsp more shallots/onion as well. Adjust the seasonings by taste.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunchor hashtag #cottercrunch
SERIOUSLY, IT IS EPIC! Totally an overused term, but it’s the only thing that comes to mind. Yes, EPIC and SUPER quick to make. That’s something to get excited over, for sure!
And if that wasn’t epic enough, let me just show you Taylor’s side dish. Because, let’s face it, that girl can COOK! And you’re gonna wanna dive into this roasted acorn squash and quinoa salad with cranberries and orange maple tahini dressing. Haha, say that 10x fast! 😉
Now here’s the fun part. Better Body Foods has graciously offered Taylor and I a little virtual Friendsgiving party favor for you all! They are giving away all box full of all the products we are using in our recipes this week. Pretty cool, eh? I think so!
All you have to do is enter below. Easy peasy!
And be sure to check out their sister site (Fit Planet) for more sales on their products throughout the holidays!
Well folks, stay tuned for Wednesday, we have dessert! Thanks for being part of this. We truly love sharing! Okay, end corniness for the moment.
Do you have a family favorite holiday recipe you like to recreate?
This post is sponsored by my Better Body Foods Friends! Thankful they supply us with such healthy gluten free and organic products.
div style=”display: none;”>