Chocolate Raspberry Pancake Bread is a gluten free recipe that’s great for brunch or breakfast. It’s simple to make with wholesome ingredients. An allergy friendly and vegan friendly quick bread recipe with the just the right combo of fruit and chocolate. This pancake bread recipe is freezer friendly too!
Thanks to Enjoy Life Foods dairy for partnering with Cotter Crunch on this allergy friendly Chocolate Raspberry Pancake Bread recipe! It’s one our favorite breakfast/brunch breads that all can be shared and enjoyed by all! Haha, I am a bit bias though.
Let the pancake bread bragging commence! Haha!
April showers brings May Flowers! Actually, it brought us snow showers this past weekend. Um, crazy! But needless to say, we took advantage. I baked “allergy friendly” comfort food (gluten-free pancake bread as you see) and then we spent the weekend at Solitude Resort, snow shoeing. That’s just 30 minutes up the road, but still, it was a nice little weekend getaways (stay-getaways?) for the kiwi Cotter’s 35th bday.
We are also pretty darn lucky to have friends who let us use their condo. We are able to take time to slow down and enjoy the scenery, not to mention make time for BRUNCH! Brunch because we also slept in and missed breakfast, GASP!
Anyway, let’s discuss this breakfast/brunch Gluten-free Chocolate Raspberry Pancake Bread recipe. You’re gonna wanna get in on this! mmm k?
You see, May is Celiac awareness month. Celiac Awareness Month is an event held throughout the USA each May by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness. It focuses on raising awareness about celiac disease and how you can help those who have it. Gosh, it’s near and dear to my heart! Back in the day, I used to help out at a few of the gluten-free expos, many of the families that came had kids with not only celiac disease, but also had tons of of other food allergies.
It broke my heart because all they wanted was a normal childhood with normal childhood eats. But at the same time, I am so so glad that food allergy awareness has brought about so many wonderful gluten free brands. Brands that support the celiac consumer, not to mention several other food allergies.
Now you see where I am going with this, right? This Vegan Friendly Gluten-free Chocolate Raspberry Pancake Bread is my way of supporting this cause. I have Enjoy Life Foods to thank for that! Yes, yes we will ENJOY LIFE…. and all the tasty food now!
Enjoy Life Foods products are free-from the “top eight” allergens: wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. Products are also made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites.
I also love that simple wholesome ingredients that go into each product. All natural ingredients like quinoa, buckwheat, and millet. Non-gmo, rich in fiber and probiotics. Gosh, and so much more! A brand that’s free of allergens but full of NOURISHMENT. Yes, it’s true Enjoy Life Foods has a place in my heart. And they are a supporter for Celiac Awareness Month. See.. heart is FULL!
But here’s the thing. This wonderful brand is also so wonderfully tasty! Their products are definitely my go to for allergy friendly baking and more. Oh and I’m pretty sure those mini dark chocolate chips of theirs disappear from our pantry on a weekly basis. I blame my oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough obsession. And now, my latest chocolate chip pancake bread obsession… with raspberries!
Now that my heart is full, and hopefully yours is too, lets fill those bellies with this simple, yet oh so TASTY, gluten-free chocolate raspberry pancake bread recipe. A pancake recipe that doesn’t require flipping. Just a fork and an extra large plate.
HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY PANCAKE BREAD RECIPE:
I made this Gluten-free Chocolate Raspberry Pancake Bread 2 ways. One with eggs and one without so it could be vegan. Gosh darn it I loved them both. But I wanted to make sure to include a version free of the top 8 allergies. All I can say is that I am super duper glad enjoy life chocolate chips and raspberries are not on that allergy list. HECK YA!Print
This gluten free quick bread is simple to make with wholesome ingredients. An allergy friendly and vegan friendly pancake bread recipe with the just the right fruit and chocolate combo. Freezer friendly too!
- 2 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Pancake Mix (Enjoy Life Foods)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg (See below and Noted for VEGAN version)
- 1/3 cup egg white
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (Drinking Milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Dairy Free mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips)
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar (see notes for substitutes)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup or less Vegan butter or coconut oil melted for topping
- maple syrup to Serve on top
- For extra chocolate flavor add 1 tbsp cocoa powder. In the mix or on top.
To replace eggs you will need the following:
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- baking soda/baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease or line a 9×3 baking/bread pan. Set aside
- First, mix your pancake mix and the rest of your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together your eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. See notes for vegan baking instructions.
- Combine your wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in raspberries and mini chocolate chips .
- Pour batter into lined 9×3 pan
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven
- Drizzle with coconut oil/butter or vegan butter while it’s still warm. Add a tiny bit of syrup on top as well.
- Serve right away or Store in refrigerator or freeze (foil works great to wrap it up)
- Instead of eggs, mix 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, vanilla, and 2 tbsp apple cider together in small bowl.
- Also add 1 tsp more baking soda to dry ingredients.
- Create a small hole in batter, then add your oil, vinegar, vanilla mix to dry ingredients. Don’t mix. Then slow add in your milk. Mix gently.
- Fold in the raspberries and chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. it will not rise as high as with eggs, but still tasty!
- Nutrition shown below for one gluten free slice, including coconut oil/butter on top.
- Vegan pancake bread is higher in calories. Around 300 calories per slice with the drizzle on top. Higher calorie is due to egg replacement.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 21.4g
- Sodium: 335.6mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 18.6mg
Keywords: pancake bread, quick bread, gluten free bread, vegan quick bread
Nutrition For Regular Gluten-Free Pancake Bread with Coconut oil on top.
See notes in recipe for vegan version.
Okay, so grab a mixing bowl, Enjoy Life Foods Pancake Mix, Coconut milk. Dairy Free Baking Chocolate. Raspberries, and Maple Syrup. And if you so dare.. extra coconut butter or even melted sunflower seed butter on top.