This gluten free quick bread is simple to make with wholesome ingredients. An allergy friendly and vegan friendly pancake bread recipe with the just the right fruit and chocolate combo. Freezer friendly too!
- 2 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Pancake Mix (Enjoy Life Foods)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg (See below and Noted for VEGAN version)
- 1/3 cup egg white
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk (Drinking Milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Dairy Free mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Mini Chips)
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar (see notes for substitutes)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup or less Vegan butter or coconut oil melted for topping
- maple syrup to Serve on top
- For extra chocolate flavor add 1 tbsp cocoa powder. In the mix or on top.
To replace eggs you will need the following:
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- baking soda/baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease or line a 9×3 baking/bread pan. Set aside
- First, mix your pancake mix and the rest of your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together your eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. See notes for vegan baking instructions.
- Combine your wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fold in raspberries and mini chocolate chips .
- Pour batter into lined 9×3 pan
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven
- Drizzle with coconut oil/butter or vegan butter while it’s still warm. Add a tiny bit of syrup on top as well.
- Serve right away or Store in refrigerator or freeze (foil works great to wrap it up)
- Instead of eggs, mix 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, vanilla, and 2 tbsp apple cider together in small bowl.
- Also add 1 tsp more baking soda to dry ingredients.
- Create a small hole in batter, then add your oil, vinegar, vanilla mix to dry ingredients. Don’t mix. Then slow add in your milk. Mix gently.
- Fold in the raspberries and chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. it will not rise as high as with eggs, but still tasty!
- Nutrition shown below for one gluten free slice, including coconut oil/butter on top.
- Vegan pancake bread is higher in calories. Around 300 calories per slice with the drizzle on top. Higher calorie is due to egg replacement.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 21.4g
- Sodium: 335.6mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 18.6mg
Keywords: pancake bread, quick bread, gluten free bread, vegan quick bread