This crostini recipe makes the perfect baked gluten free appetizer for the holidays! Super quick, easy, healthy, and delicious, this is one of my favorite crostini recipes! A gluten free crostini topped with goat cheese, roasted balsamic cranberries, and sweet onions, then garnished with fresh basil and balsamic glaze.
This crostini recipe post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’m just going to put it out there. I have a major roasted cranberry and goat cheese obsession lately. Not even together Separately.
Until now, when I decided that the two needed to become one. As in ….this cranberry goat cheese crostini recipe.
If you follow me on snapchat or Instagram stories, you will see this. I’ve made whipped goat cheese 3 x this week. This is also my third cranberry recipe this Fall, GASP! But here’s the thing. I don’t plan on stopping with these heavenly holiday inspired flavors.
Nope, I want to FULLY enjoy the season we are in. That means I may go overboard on seasonal produce (Pumpkin FOR LIFE), holiday appetizers, cozy breakfast casseroles, warming soups, and just about anything I can put in a slow cooker. All gluten free, of course.
Maybe making and enjoying all the food means I (we) should entertain more. You know, with the right ESSENTIALS. Maybe going overboard means we just need to embrace our holiday enthusiasm. You know it’s in you, deep down inside.
Like a little kid on Christmas Day. That is my confession to you today. I’m no longer trying to “contain” the enthusiasm. Nope, I’m just a girl, standing in kitchen, ready to serve up a batch of holiday cheer (enter corniness).
Or in this case Roasted Cranberry Goat Cheese Gluten Free Crostini.
Holly molly ya’ll! Talk about feeding an obsession. I made this Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini recipe last week and now I can’t get stop. I basically serve them to all who come over. See, the enthusiasm has begun! I keep saying. Ohh “you gotta try this, it’s for a Thanksgiving appetizer.” And then I proceed to make more to “test.” And when I say “test,” I mean I just feed the cranberry/goat cheese obsession. WHOLE HEARTEDLY.
This baked appetizer so easy to make, and it’s customizable. Meaning, you can make this gluten free crostini recipe with vegan cheese, another soft cheese, or even without cheese.
Although, I highly recommend the goat cheese crostini. Just giving options. I am to please. As you can tell.
Making the Cranberry Goat Cheese Crostini Recipe
The true star for these gluten free crostini is how you make them. Roasted cranberry and red onion tossed in olive oil first.
Lightly baked Gluten free bread/rolls. I used Udis gluten free rolls, sliced horizontally. They make the perfect size “amuse bouche” crostini (more on that topic below). Plus they bake up quickly and oh so HEAVENLY!
You then smear a little goat CHEEEEESE on each slice of baked gluten free bread and top with the roasted cranberry and onion. But wait, there’s more. After that sweet/tart topping, you garnish with fresh basil, thyme, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and cracked pepper. This crostini recipe is SO SIMPLE yet has so much SWOON FACTOR!
The flavor is an absolute match made in heaven. But I’m sure I don’t have to convince you much to believe me. Yes. Sweet, tart, creamy, and addicting.
That’s the other thing I like about appetizers, sometimes it’s the simplest ingredients that make the most delicious recipe. Amen amen!
Plus mini bites of goodness make me happy. A true amuse bouche you might say. — -> ” A little bite of food to amuse the mouth and invigorate the palate.”
Did I just go overboard again on my gluten free crostini description? Yes, I SURE DID! Ha ha!
OK back to this cranberry goat cheese crostini recipe. I know you’re going to want to try this out before Thanksgiving, so I’ll get to the recipe already!
You know, so you can join me in the cranberry and goat cheese infatuation. Tis the season!Print
This crostini recipe makes the perfect baked gluten free appetizer for the holidays! This gluten free crostini recipe is healthy, delicious, and easy!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (Or previously frozen)
- 1/4 c sliced red onion
- Salt/pepper, pinch
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4-5 [url] gluten free rolls ∞http://http://udisglutenfree.com/products/classic-french-dinner-rolls/[/url] sliced 1/4 to 1/2 in thick
- 1/4 cup or so of soft goat cheese (or soft cheese of choice, vegan cream cheese works too!)
- 1/2 c – 2/3 cup bunch basil, stemmed and chopped
- Thyme 1 sprig
- cracked Pepper and sea salt to taste (after baked)
- Optional drizzle of maple syrup or sugar to sweetened (if cranberries are too tart).
- [url] balsamic glaze ∞http://amzn.to/2eXXe9X[/url] to top
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a baking sheet with oil or line with parchment paper
- Make sure your onion is sliced or chopped so it will fit on the crostini.
- Mix together your olive oil and balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper in small bowl. Add your onion and cranberries and toss to coat all.
- Spread coated cranberries and onion on baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While cranberries are baking, you can also bake your gluten free bread or do that after.
- Cut gluten free rolls into 1/4 to 1/2 thick slices.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 7-10 minutes at 400F. Flip them over once during baking time.
- Remove from oven.
- Place gluten free bread slices on platter.
- Smear 2-3 tsp of goat cheese on each baked slice.
- Add 1/2 tbsp (or small spoon full) of the cranberry/onion mix on top of each.
- Add a pieces of chopped basil and thyme leaves onto each piece. Thyme is optional but delicious.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over each crostini.
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to finish! YUM!
- If cranberry balsamic combo is too tart, add a sprinkle/ drizzle of sugar or maple syrup on top of each crostini. Optional.
- Serve right away or cover and place in fridge for later.
- I recommend reheat or toasting just a smidgen if you are going to serve later.
- Serving Size: 1 crostini
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 85.6mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3,7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: crostini recipe, gluten free crostini, gluten free appetizers, goat cheese crostini
Crostini Recipe Nutrition
One of these delicious gluten free crostini has less than 30 calories, so you can eat 10 crostini in a sitting, right? I won’t tell anyone if you don’t.
Alright, I know I’ve ranted on about holiday food, entertaining, and being “in the spirit,” for it all, but I must end with this.
No matter how much we want try and do, go go go, and take on that holiday hustle, maybe we need to, more than ever, shift back to a slow season. Yes, even with work (ahem… guilty food blogger ambition here), I think stepping BACK to really focus on a true THANKSgiving is what we all need, our nation included, yes?
Even if it means I’m only thankful for wine and this crostini recipe. LOL! Kidding.
Really though, maybe you need to refocus and scale back on projects. Maybe you just need to sit and have coffee more, with yourself or with people that encourage you. Maybe you need to live each moment like an AMUSE BOUCHE. Haha.. you know what i mean? Look at each minute/moment as a little bite of goodness.
Ya, I’m going to go with that. This is the first holiday season (in probably 8 years) that my husband and I have been in a “good” place in life. Meaning we feel like we’re finally establishing roots, goals, financial stability. It’s freeing! And I am thankful.
Now bring on more CRANBERRY, GOAT cheese, and all that gluten free crostini goodness! I’m gonna fill my plate then sit and savor. You with me?
What’s your favorite type of appetizer?
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/