Cocoa Cashew Pretzel Gluten Free Energy Bites! A sweet and salty combo that takes snacking to a whole new level! Dark Cocoa, Cashews, honey, peanut butter, and gluten free pretzel chips all packed into one healthy no bake energy bite! Great for kids, post workout refueling, or just as an afternoon snack!
Remember in Wednesday’s post how I told you you there would a BONUS energy bite and giveaway soon? Well… Here’s the thing. It’s the day before a holiday. It’s my birthday month, I’m all about sharing the love for both, oh and it’s FRIDAY! Which brings to this BEAST of giveaway and recipe. Okay I may be bias, but please keep reading and embrace my enthusiasm with me, ok?
These bites are an oldie but goodie. I could not let them slip by again without sharing. And who doesn’t like a sweet/salty combo?
Let’s dissect this bite, get to the gluten free energy bites recipe, and then to the giveaway. Mmm k?
First you got your cocoa powder. The bitter yet sweet dark chocolate cocoa powder that makes everything taste decadent!
Then you got your roasted cashews. Which tastes like butter when you grind them all together or puree into a sauce. Like whoa!
Next you got your pretzel chips, I used Glutino brand. Because being gluten free doesn’t mean you have to feel deprived from your favorite snack carb. Yes, these are my favorite! I like the chips version because they are light and crunchy!
Finally you have your nut butter. Now, you have few choices. You can go more plain jane and add in a salted nut butter of choice. Or you can go more sweet and smooth and add in coconut peanut butter, which is what I did and will be giving away this nut butter below. Ahem… keep reading.
Have I got your attention? I told you it was one heck of a combo. The reason why I had to make my BONUS bite for the week and one of the BEST OF healthy energy bites recipes. I crave these suckers. Consider them my travel companion as well. And when I add in extra protein powder, they make a great post workout companion.
So.. the recipe, it’s below. Make them. Savor them. Share them. Then repeat that whole process!Print
Cocoa Cashew Pretzel Energy Bites (Gluten Free)
- 1/4 cup crushed GF pretzels
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews (crushed)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used coconut peanut butter)
- 6–8 tbsp Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder (you can also use peanut flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup.
- Optional- 1/2 tsp butter extract to bring out the salty or 1/2 tsp vanilla to make it more sweet flavor.
- Blend pretzels and cashews in food processor. Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the honey/maple syrup being the last . Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Coat bites with extra cocoa powder and a little bit of leftover crushed pretzel. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
- Makes about 20 balls.
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Here’s the bonus for the bonus bite. Consider it my Birthday present but instead of me getting the gift, I give it to you. Cause I just love you so!
These are my BEST OF GLUTEN FREE FOODS of choice. It’s what makes living and eating gluten free easy and delicious! You’ve probably seen me use these products in recipes or post on instagram, but let me gush about them again here.
- Glutino Pretzels –> like i mentioned above, that salty crisp snack is sooo good!
- Earth balance Coconut Peanut Butter—> I have 2 words, OMG GOOD! Sweet and salty at it’s finest!
- Udis Gluten Free –> Tortillas (which are so soft and heavenly), Snicker doodle Cookies (so you can make more cookie crumb bites), and Active Granola (which is filled with OMEGA goodness!)
- Evol Street Tacos –> These came into my life just a month ago. They are heavenly. They are flavorful. They are gluten free. They are TO DIE FOR!
3 winners here. Two for the Best of Gluten Free Foods package and one for a box of healthy bites. Haha, that’s even, right? But 3 is better than two, so let’s just focus on that and enjoy! US only but the Healthy Bites giveaway is open to US and Canada.
Thanks friends and Happy 4th! May it be filled with lots of fun and gluten free eating!
Favorite sweet/salty snack?