Cocoa Cashew Pretzel Energy Bites (Gluten Free)
- 1/4 cup crushed GF pretzels
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews (crushed)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used coconut peanut butter)
- 6–8 tbsp Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder (you can also use peanut flour)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup.
- Optional- 1/2 tsp butter extract to bring out the salty or 1/2 tsp vanilla to make it more sweet flavor.
- Blend pretzels and cashews in food processor. Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the honey/maple syrup being the last . Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Coat bites with extra cocoa powder and a little bit of leftover crushed pretzel. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
- Makes about 20 balls.
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Prep Time: 10 min