Asian Style Sesame Crusted Salmon with ginger garlic dressing. This Asian style salmon recipe is perfect as we transition into spring! Easy to make, full of omegas, and of course, gluten free and Paleo friendly.
Happy Foodie Friday! Today we have an amazing recipe from a top chef (and food blogger), who just happens to be a good blog friend of mine. I drool over her creations and adore her cooking style, but more importantly, I just LOVE her! Thank you Cara for sharing your skills with me! Now let’s get cookin!
Hi there! I’m Cara from Cara’s Healthy Cravings and I am beyond excited and honoured to be guest posting here for Lindsay to share a delicious Asian Style Sesame Crusted Salmon with ginger garlic dressing recipe with you today.
I’m a foodie at heart and by trade and love love love to make and eat all sorts of things. In my past professional life I was an English teacher in South Korea, and through that amazing experience, I learned that teaching was not the career for me. I followed my passion and stomach into the kitchen and went to culinary school for some formal training. Since graduating chef’s school I have worked as a food stylist assistant, recipe developer and now have a full time job as a private chef. I adore my job and most days I can’t believe I actually get paid for what I do (that’s when you know you are doing the right thing!) I feel so blessed to be able to share my love of healthy food with people everyday.
When I am not cooking at work, I love to cook for my husband, who graciously eats whatever I prepare. We are high school sweet hearts, so he has been enjoying my culinary escapades for quite some time now, as true testament of love 😉
5 more things to know me a little better:
- My favorite food is sweet potato.
- I am a lover of wine, dark chocolate and ice cream
- I am super passionate about living a healthy lifestyle, nourishing myself with whole foods, exercise and prayer.
- I’m a huge fan of Body Pump.
- The Philippines is one of my favorite places I have traveled.
Now that we have been introduced, let’s get on to the good stuff, food!
When it comes to cooking I am always drawn to any dish with an Asian flair, whether it’s influenced by Thai, Indian, Japanese, Korean ingredients, I love it all. My passion for Asian cuisine developed strongly when I was living in Korea and traveling across South East Asia, and I still can’t get enough of it. On a frigid winter day, much like what I am currently experiencing in here in Toronto, not much beats a fiery bowl of Korean tofu stew, Mmmmm!
Though I’m not sharing a stew recipe with you today, I believe this Asian Style Sesame Crusted Salmon is equally delicious. I have cooked this dish several times for work and family and it always gets a thumbs up approval.
And the bonus? It’s super easy to prepare, so go ahead and impress your family and friends with this one and take all the credit, cause everyone deserves to let their inner chef shine!Print
- 3 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 4 small sustainably sourced fillets of salmon, each 3.5 ounces
- 2 tsp. wasabi paste
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Zest and Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- green onions, thinly sliced
- toasted nori
- In a small bowl, mix together lime zest, juice, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and red pepper, and salt. Taste and adjust for seasoning, set aside.
- Combine white and black sesame seeds and spread evenly on a plate. Set aside.
- Mix wasabi paste and tamari together, brush each piece of salmon with thin layer of wasabi mixture. Roll in the sesame seeds to coat evenly.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, and when hot, gently place the pieces of salmon into the pan. Cook salmon for 1 minute. Turn and repeat cooking each of the 3 remaining sides for 1 minute. Lower the heat if the sesame seeds are browning too quickly.
- Plate salmon and drizzle with Ginger Lime Vinaigrette. Serve with brown rice and sautéed vegetables.
Dig in and enjoy this Asian Style Sesame Crusted Salmon recipe!
For more delicious seafood inspiration, take a look at Lindsay’s always enticing recipes.
Do you have a favorite salmon recipe? Is there one cuisine that inspires the majority of your cooking?