Gluten free cake bites, packed with protein and flavor, make the best healthy snacks! These FUN and colorful lemon vanilla sprinkle protein bites are a NO BAKE treat for kids and adults! Packed with healthy fats and protein, these gluten free cake bites are perfect for post workout or after school snacks. You can make them with peanut butter, almond butter, or even sunflower butter.
Well hey there Tax week! Ugh, I know, great way to start the week, right? As a reminder, haha. But don’t worry, this post will add a little SPRINKLE to your week.
It’s healthy gluten free cake bites recipe time! Oh ya’ll, this one is a good one! It’s one I’ve made for several friends, my nieces and nephews, and I shared them at blend retreat last year (minus the sprinkles). These bites basically taste like cake batter combined with lemon square bars, but look like funfetti. How’s that for a killer combo? They are also made with LOVE!
Yep, the new LOVE GROWN Mighty flakes! Just like their Power O’s but in flake form. Made from beans! And did you know they have a frosted flake version now? Which is why this cereal makes an amazing additions to this flavor of bites. It’s like the icing on the cake! A gluten free “healthified” cake of course, but tasty nonetheless!
This protein packed, gluten free cake bites recipe has all the vegan/paleoish friendly adjustments you will need.
I gave you two “base ingredient” options here. One option is to use the Love Grown flakes, and one with banana chips. It’s the original recipe from my 2nd ebook. Oh and.. YOU GET a CHANGE to win some LOVE GROWN FOOD FLAKES below!
Don’t forget to come back and let me know if you liked this Lemon Vanilla Sprinkle gluten free cake bites recipe!Print
- 1/4 cup ground banana chips or ground lovegrown flakes
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour –> or you can just use 1/2 cup total of coconut flour or almond meal if you don’t have both.
- 1/3–1/2 cup peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 6–8 tbsp Protein Powder (vanilla)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup.
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract or Lemon NuNaturals stevia
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract or NuNaturals Stevia.
- For the birthday Cake option- sub out the the lemon extract for butter extract. Add in a few tbsp GF cake mix if you want it even more cake flavor.
- In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients. Then mix in your nut butter, extracts, and last the honey.
- Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls.
- Next, coat the bites with extra protein powder (vanilla) and sprinkles. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
- Makes about 20 balls. Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness
Love grown foods is always so generous, aren’t they? They are allowing me to giveaway a few boxes of their new Love Grown Flakes cereal. I’m also giving away a box of ANY FLAVOR healthy bites. Um, double giveaway wammy right there. See, I told you this would add some sprinkle to your week!
NEWS and HELP –> I am in the process of redoing all my recipes and photos for both my Healthy Bites Ebooks. Which is why I just made my 2nd Healthy Bites ebooks free for you all. I need your feedback! If you download my second ebook and make the recipes (please excuse the old photos), then please let me know how they turned out or if you made any substitutions. I WOULD LOVE that input!
Phew okay, done for a Monday! Time to get your sprinkle on!