This keto meal prep recipe for Marinated Greek Vegetables with Feta Cheese is a healthy, make ahead sheet pan meal. A super easy Greek marinade is the key to its bright flavor and delicious taste! This vegetarian dinner is easy to customize to accomodate a dairy-free diet. Or, for a heartier meal, you can add a protein of your choice.
I hope sheet pan meals never go out of style. But goodness gracious, I adore them! And it’s not a secret that I am a HUGE fan of meal prep recipes. Crazy busy lives demand crazy easy ways to make dinner for the family. Am I right? Of course I am! 😉
Anyway, in general, I try to create “better for you” recipes. Whether they’re gluten free Tuna Noodle Casserole, or Paleo Za’tar Chicken Bowls, I want to make sure that y’all have healthy meal prep options. So, it’s especially nice when I can cover more than one diet category with a single recipe.
The good news is, that is exactly what this keto meal prep sheet pan dinner is! It’s a one stop shop, place everything on the pan and bake kind of meal. With its simple ingredient list, anyone and everyone can enjoy the fresh veggies in a delicious Greek marinade!
Meatless Monday + Meal Prep Monday = PERFECTION.
Easy Keto Meal Prep Recipe
This recipe is so simple, and it is easy to customize, too. If you are really short on time, you can assemble the veggie packets up to three days ahead. Firm veggies will be just fine in the Greek marinade for that long. On the other hand, softer veggies may become a bit too soggy after 48 hours. Just keep that in mind when you’re putting the keto meal prep veggie packets together.
Here is what I like to use in my Greek marinade veggie packets:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green beans
- Red onion or shallot
- Olives (If you use marinated olives, you can leave them out of the Greek marinade)
Although you won’t marinate them, I also like to roast thick slices of feta cheese along with the veggies. One delicious thing about keto meal prep dinners is that they can ALWAYS include cheese!
Dairy-Free Meal Prep Option
If you need to make dinner for anyone who has to stay away from dairy, you can just omit the cheese. Or, feel free to swap in a dairy-free cheese of your choice. Another option is to use a dairy-free protein, like chickpeas or tofu.
Halloumi Cheese Option
That being said, if you have no problem eating dairy, roasted cheese is SO GOOD, y’all! I typically use feta, mainly because it is affordable and easy to find. But to take your meal up a notch, splurge on a block of Halloumi cheese. If you have yet to try it, I can’t even begin to explain how delicious Halloumi is.
In its raw form, Halloumi cheese tastes sort of salty, but it has a rubbery texture, almost like a thick piece of feta. But when it’s grilled or oven roasted, the cheese takes on an AMAZING flavor. It has a really high smoke point too. As a result, it won’t completely melt; it just becomes soft and oozy. The PERFECT consistency to pair with warm, roasted marinated Greek vegetables.
How to assemble keto meal prep packets
Assembling the meal prep packets is easy peasy.
- Clean and chop your veggies of choice. Try to keep them uniform in size so that the cook time will be the same for all of them.
- Mix the marinade in a bowl.
- Transfer the marinade to large, gallon size zip top bags. Or, you can use a large glass container with a lid. Because there is balsamic vinegar in the Greek marinade, avoid using plastic containers. Otherwise, the acid might break down your container.
- Refrigerate the veggies until you are ready to cook them.
When you are ready to make the meal,
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice the feta or Halloumi cheese (if you are including it) into thick planks.
- Transfer the Greek marinated veggies from the bag into a single layer on a sheet pan. Then, fit the cheese planks in between.
- Roast for 25 minutes, garnish with some fresh basil and lemon slices, and enjoy!
Keto Meal Prep Marinated Greek Vegetables with Feta Cheese
Alright my friends! Enjoy this Meatless Menu (if that’s your jam!). Let me know if you give this a whirl. And as always, please comment or reply with any feedback or questions needed. Mwah!