So I’ve talked about Dreaming Big a lot over the past few months. I first talked about the 5 components of dreaming big HERE.
I then followed it up with thoughts and things that can keep up form dreaming big, the main one being worry.
Today I am going to touch base on highs and low of dreaming big. The YO-YO’s of dreaming big you might say.
The Yo-Yo affect can be tiring, both physically and mentally. Financial burdens can halt the heart of your dream. Self doubt can halt the heart of your dreams. The FEAR of the UNKNOWN (aka Future) can halt the heart of your dreams.
You see, our year has been full of high’s and lows. Last month was a HIGH MONTH. The kiwi cotter raced well, stayed injury free, and we both were plowing through plenty of work, etc. But just like that, things can change. Our life is very much month to month. And since we’re a Team, when one of us is going through a low part of dreaming big( discouraged or frustrated) it’s important for the other one to be just be there, to encourage, to comfort, but at the same time give them time and space. Ya know?
The low will soon fade and you can make your way back up. Working HARD towards whatever dream GOD may have for you. Because HE always has a PLAN for you. One that FAR exceeds our own, even when if we can’t picture it at the moment. Even if we’re “yo-yoing.”
This weekend I made the kiwi his favorite New Zealand dessert. Yo-Yo’s. Quite fitting, isn’t it? It’s not healthy. It’s not going to help with his training. But it did bring comfort. It was made with love. And gosh darn it, sometimes you just need to make a home made dessert so you can scrape the bowl clean and end the day on a HIGH (sugar high)!
adapted from here.
[print_this] Serves: 6
- 3/4 cup butter (i used sweet cream butter)
- ¼ cup icing sugar (similar to powder sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups GF flour (Bob Redmill’s All purpose Flour)
- ¼ cup custard powder (see picture below. In international grocery isle)
- optional: dash of buttermilk or cream**
- optional: dash od sea salt**
- 50 g butter , softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream**
** are my additions. If you can’t find the custard powder, try using vanilla cream pudding mix.
- pre heat oven to 180 degrees C or 375F. First beat your butter and icing sugar until smooth and fluffy. Takes a while. Then add in vanilla and optional milk.
- Second, slowly combine (or sift) flour and custard powder together, then fold into the creamed mixture while beating. Make sure it’s nice and doughy. I used a beater (mixer) then mixed with my hands.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a floured fork and bake for 15-20 minutes. While cookies cool, make filling. Just beat all ingredients together until smooth. Whip with fork to make extra fluffly. When the cookies are cooled, then sandwich together in pairs with the butter custard filling.
- I let them sit in the fridge for 20 minutes so that the filling can set. THEN EAT! [/print_this]
There will always yo-yo’s in life when you are reaching toward a BIG DREAM. And every big dreamer needs someone to be their yo-yo partner through it. To PULL them back up when they are down, then switch roles (if need be). It can be a spouse, a family member, a friend, etc. Someone that can bring comfort right when you need it.
Dreaming Big means living and sharing every emotion, yet keeping FAITH through it all.
What’s your favorite comfort food to make for others or to eat for yourself?