This DIY Halloween Charcuterie Board is an easy way to celebrate the holiday with better-for-you treats your kids will love! Gluten Free and Dairy free options.
- 10–12 mandarin oranges (for orange pumpkins and chocolate dipped orange slices)
- dark chocolate for melting
- vegan edible cookie dough chocolate cups
- gluten free graham crackers
- vegan frosting or store bought frosting mix
- dark chocolate chips
- gluten free chocolate cupcakes
- 1 bag of green grapes + diced cheddar cheese on skewers
- kiwi fruit for Kiwi Frankenstein heads
- chickpea cookie dough dessert hummus
- almond flour cookies
- dried fruit such as dried apricot, pineapple, and mango.
- baked tortilla chips + vegan queso
- nitrate free sliced salami + gluten free crackers
- 1 large cheese wedge topped with mashed raspberries (for graveyard cheese)
- roasted pumpkin seeds
Extras & Add-Ins
- Prep the sweet/chocolatey desserts. This can be done the day before. Coating gluten free graham crackers in chocolate for mummies, cookie dough cups, chocolate covered dried fruit, and other baking desserts and snacks.
- Prep all of the fruit and vegetables items in each section; spearing grapes and cheese cubes with toothpicks, using a paring knife to create kiwi Frankenstein, adding peppercorn “stems” to the sides of kiwi for frankenstein bolts. Add peppercorn stems or dark chocolate chips to center of peeled mandarin for pumpkin looking oranges.
- Gather a large platter or cutting board and multiple small dishes. Add the dips, spreads, and seeds to the small bowls.
- Next, gather all of the ingredients and add the largest items first to the cutting board or platter.
- Then, nestle in the dip bowls.
- Finally, fill in the remaining space with smaller foods and cover any holes or gaps with fruit, garnishes, or any extras.
Feel free to swap any homemade baked good for gluten free store bought sweets.
You can make as many or as few of these items as you want, and get creative decorating your charcuterie boards to truly make them your own!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Snack
- Method: chop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: charcuterie board, kid-friendly, snacks, appetizer, gluten free