Vegan Chai Spiced Turmeric Smoothie Bowl recipe with Chia! Packed with healthy fats, anti-inflammatory properties, and full of flavor! An anti-inflammatory smoothie bowl recipe that will leave you feeling nourished and healthy.
- 16 oz coconut or almond drinking milk
- 2 chai tea bags (or see this bowl recipe for homemade chai spices)
- 1–2 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 + tbsp chia seed (divided)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Optional thickeners –
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 large frozen bananas (optional)
- 2–3 Frozen coconut milk cubes or ice cubs (optional, for thickness)
- Optional protein – 1 scoops plant protein powder or collagen.
- First heat your milk on stove top or in microwave. Place chai tea, turmeric, and cinnamon in pot or heat resistant jar and steep for 3-4 minutes. If using stove top, let the milk come to a quick boil then reduce and simmer for 2-3 minutes, 4 minutes all together.
- Remove tea bags and whisk together.
- Pour chai turmeric latte liquid mixture into a blender along with 1 tbsp chia, honey or maple syrup, almond butter, optional oats (omit for paleo option), banana, and protein. Blend together and pour into large jar. Mix in the extra 1 tbsp chia seed (add an extra 1 tbsp if you want a chia pudding like texture). *See notes
- Place jar in fridge to cool and thicken; 1 hour up to overnight.
- Pour smoothie into 2 bowls and top with more cinnamon, and chia or oats (if desired).
- If you desire a smoothie bowl recipe with of more of a chia pudding like texture, then mix in one more 1 tbsp of chia after blending, plus oats or protein powder mentioned, and and let it sit overnight in bowls.
- For Whole 30 option– omit maple syrup and oats.
- Category: brekafast
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: Indian American
Keywords: turmeric, smoothie bowl recipe, smoothies, vegan, paleo, chai tea, anti-inflammatory, healthy