Meatless yet satisfying! These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Paprika Cashew Cream are healthy, paleo, vegan, and whole 30 friendly.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower or 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 2 –3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and onion powder
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
For the Paprika Cashew Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup cashew cream sauce (this includes 1 1/2 cup raw cashews and water)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1– 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Optional crushed nuts
- Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 – 2/3 cups stuffed green olives
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Sea salt and crushed red pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- If you haven’t made your cashew cream sauce, go ahead and make the quick 10 minute version. Recipe is found here. Place in bowl and set aside or in fridge.
- Next slice your cauliflower lengthwise through the core. If you have a medium you should get 4 to 5 ‘steaks.’ If you using 2 small heads, you will most likely get 2-3 slices per head.
- Slice 1 cup cherry tomatoes, length wise.
- Place cauliflower and tomatoes on flat baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and spices (pinch of sea salt, pepper, and onion powder).
- Roast at 450 for 9 minutes. Broil an addition 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges the cauliflower steaks have browned and tomatoes blistered.
- Remove and set aside.
- Next make your paprika Cashew Cream. Whisk together your cashew cream with paprika, cayenne, garlic, salt/pepper, lemon. Feel free to sweeten it with a 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Plate your Cauliflower steaks and tomatoes.
- Garnish each plate with lemon slices, olives, parsley, and additional seasoning of choice.
- Spoon paprika cashew cream on top of each steak or serve in dip bowl along side it.
Don’t have time to make cashew cream? Feel free to use the dairy version. Replace cashew cream with sour cream or plain yogurt. Then add your spices.
NUTRITION SHOWN without cream sauce:
Cashew Cream sauce 2 tbsp serving:
Calories – 70 calories, Fat – 5-6 grams Saturated Fat – less than 1 gram Total Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fiber – 1 gram Sugars – less than 1 g, Protein 2.5 grams.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: main, dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 steaks
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 253.6mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4.4g
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, cauliflower steaks, vegan, paleo, gluten free