Lemon Blueberry Cake is the perfect dessert for spring! With both gluten-free and refined sugar-free options and made with just five ingredients, this is the perfect recipe to fit all your baking needs.
Note – The fresh fruit mixture (lemon and blueberry) is counted as one fruit ingredient.
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 425 grams gluten free cake mix (equivalent to one 15 ounce cake mix box).
- 8 tbsp sliced unsalted butter (Plant based butter may be substituted; see notes).
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss the blueberries with unsweetened coconut, maple syrup, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp of the cake mix. Layer mixture on the bottom of an 8×11-inch baking dish or 9-inch cake/pie dish. A 9×13-inch dish may be used, but the cake will not be as thick.
- Spread the cake mix over the blueberries/coconut mixture. Make sure to spread evenly into all corners.
- Place thinly sliced lemon on top, followed by sliced butter. Add extra butter in the corners, if needed. Make sure the cake mix is covered with enough butter to bake evenly (see blog photos).
- Place baking dish in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, rotating halfway, until top layer is golden brown. If center of the cake is still under-baked after 45 minutes, cover with foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Let cake cool before serving with dairy-free ice cream, yogurt, coconut whip, or on it’s own.
- You can easily omit the lemon or swap out the blueberry for another type of berry!
- For crispier edges, use 9 tbsp of butter, placing a small amount in each corner of the pan. Substitute plant-based butter if preferred.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cake mix, gluten free, cobbler cake, blueberry cake, lemon cake, dump cake