Creamy Fig Yogurt Breakfast Parfait Cups – A healthy gluten-free breakfast with a fiber boost! A blended Yogurt Cup with dried California Mission Figs, chia seeds, a drizzle of molasses, and a cinnamon toasted buckwheat topping!
- 1/2 cup dried figs. Stems removed.
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 frozen small to medium banana
- 1 tbsp honey (divided)
- 1 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (cinnamon toasted ) *see notes for other toasted grain options*
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut sugar.
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- drizzle of molasses on top
- Optional protein boost -> 1 scoop vanilla protein.:
- Remove stems from figs, slice in half, place in bowl and cover with water and a drizzle of honey. Soak for 10 minutes or so. This is optional but it makes the figs more soft, flexible, and sticky sweet for the parfait cups. Like a fig newton filling!
- Preheat oven to 350F. While oven preheats, make your creamy yogurt blend.
- In a blender, blend together yogurt, almond milk, banana, honey, almond butter. Set aside.
- Toss together 1/2 cup buckwheat groats coconut oil, cinnamon, and sugar. See notes of other grains to toast.
- Toast on baking pan at 350F for 5-6 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Place 3 slices of figs (each) into two cups, pour your creamy yogurt blend on top. Layer with more figs on top. Add toasted cinnamon buckwheat on top, then a pinch of cinnamon, molasses, and chia seeds.
- Feel free to try this with regular oats, steel cut oats, and quinoa, but take a little longer to toast. Around 10 minutes or so. Check at frequently so you don’t overcook.
- For vegan option, use coconut yogurt or non dairy yogurt of choice.
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 parfait
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: breakfast parfait, fig yogurt, gluten free, healthy breakfasts