Upgrade your favorite holiday dessert this season with this easy crustless, gluten-free chocolate bourbon pie recipe! Alcohol-free option, too.
- 15 oz canned pumpkin purée, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk, room temperature (for creamier filling use canned coconut milk or coconut milk lite) *see notes for substitutes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons gluten free bourbon or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or refined coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour (15 to 16 grams)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch or tapioca flour (60 to 65 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounce dark chocolate baking bar
- Toppings – coconut whipped cream, optional melted dark chocolate, dark chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, eggs, bourbon, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together coconut flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Continue to heat in 15 to 20 seconds intervals (stirring after each time) until the chocolate is melted.
- Before adding batter to the pie pan, either fold melted chocolate into pumpkin batter or pour pumpkin batter into the pie pan and swirl melted chocolate on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes longer. The pie is done with the edges are brown and the pie barely moves when you gently shake the pan back and forth. Remove pie from the oven.
- Allow pie to cool for 30 minutes and serve warm with optional toppings or place pie in the refrigerator to chill for firmer texture.
- Store the pie covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Substitutes – A creamy non-dairy milk (cashew or almond) may be substituted for canned coconut milk but filling might not be as creamy
Cooking Tip – The chocolate can be melted in a small pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Stir until melted or about 5 minutes.
Storage Tip – Allow baked pie to chill in the fridge overnight for firmer texture. Serve cold, room temp, or slightly warmed in the oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 to 70 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 20.3 g
- Sodium: 121.8 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.6 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 93.7 mg
Keywords: bourbon pumpkin pie, crustless pumpkin pie, chocolate pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie without crust, thanksgiving dessert