Carrot cake bars are a healthy dessert bars recipe you can make in less than 35 minutes! The homemade carrot bars are soft and bursting with fresh blueberries and a boost of protein!
- 1 1/2 cups Oat flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 c raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 2/3 c to 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 c to 1 cup blueberries (extra for topping)
- Optional toppings – 1/2 c of vegan cashew frosting or vegan coconut frosting and 1/3 cup gluten free granola
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a brownie pan or 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bow, sift/whisk the flours and combine with salt, baking powder. Mix in sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together vanilla extract, yogurt, egg, and milk. Combine with the dry ingredients, then gently mix in your cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Fold in the carrots and blueberries. Pour in a lined or greased 8×8 brownie pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center comes clean with toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet to cool for 10 minutes.
- Last, add your optional topping before slicing. Evenly smear 1/3 c to 1/2 cup vegan coconut frosting or cashew cream frosting over the carrot cake bars. Sprinkle with extra berries and granola.
- Slice and serve.
If you can’t eat eggs, feel free to try with egg replacer. Baking times and texture will vary.
To Store – Wrap sliced bars in plastic wrap first, then place a layer of aluminum foil around it. Of course, freezable meal prep containers are another option, and zip top plastic freezer bags work, too.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: breakfast, carrot cake, bar, healthy, gluten free, dessert