How to Make Broccoli Noodles; Asparagus Noodles “Shavings”; Sweet Potato Noodles; Zucchini and Cucumber Noodles; Carrot Noodles; Apple & Pear Noodles
- Large broccoli stalks with about 1-2 inch thickness
- Medium sweet potato, peeled
- Medium to large stemmed asparagus
- Small to medium zucchini or summer squash
- Thick top Medium to large carrot (top cut off)
- Medium seedless cucumber
- Gala or Golden Delicious apples
How to make veggie noodles with BROCCOLI STEMS –
- Kitchen tools you need – Spiralizer, hand spiralizer, or vegetable peeler
- How to make noodles or spiralizer – You can use a stand spiralizer, hand spiralizer. Place large end of the broccoli stem in spiralizer or use hand spiralizer and turn to create noodles. Don’t have a spiralizer? Buy large broccoli stalks and peel into shavings with veggie peeler. Or create broccoli veggie rice (tutorial).
- How to cook broccoli veggie noodles – These are great to use in casseroles in place of pasta or in a stir fry. Saute or steam!
How to make veggie noodles with SWEET POTATO –
- Kitchen tools you need – Spiralizer, Hand Spiralizer, or Julienne Peeler or Handheld Mandoline Slicer Adjustable Vegetable Cutter.
- How to make noodles or spiralizer – You can use a stand spiralizer, hand spiralizer. Slice the ends off of a peeled sweet potato. Place sliced end of the sweet potato in spiralizer or use hand spiralizer and turn to create noodles. Don’t have a spiralizer? Try using a julienne peeler or mandoline slicer to create sweet potato “noodle” strips or sticks.
- How to cook sweet potato veggie noodles – These are great to use in casseroles or in place of pasta! Bake the noodles first for 15 minutes at 350F to create an al dente pasta!
How to make veggie noodles with ASPARAGUS –
- Kitchen tools you need – Vegetable peeler or Julienne Peeler
- How to make – You can use a vegetable peeler to create asparagus shavings in the form of noodles. They are so light and delicate that the shaving will fold and bend quite nicely! Spiralizer, hand spiralizer.
- How to cook asparagus shaving veggie noodles – These are great to use in casseroles or in place of pasta! Bake the noodles first for 15 minutes at 350F to create an al dente pasta!
How to make veggie noodles with ZUCCHINI/YELLOW SQUASH–
- Kitchen tools you can use – You can use a regular spiralizer, handheld spiralizer, a julienne peeler, or a mandolin to make zoodles or lasagna veggie noodles.
- How to cook zucchini noodles or summer squash veggie noodles – Before you cook or if you are eating raw, salt the raw zucchini noodles then let them sit in a bowl to drain excess water. Drain water and press with towel to absorb water. These veggie noodles are great in salads, to replace pasta, or make lasagna veggie noodles. Sauté zucchini noodles over medium-high heat for three minutes until softened.
How to make veggie noodles with CARROT and CUCUMBER –
- Kitchen tools you can use – Spiralizer, Vegetable peeler, or Julienne Peeler, Paring knife, or a Mandolin to make flat noodles with the the cucumber.
- How to make cucumber noodles – Adjust the julienne blade on a mandoline to the 1/8-inch-thick setting. Carefully run a cucumber down the blade, slicing the cucumber to form noodles. Also works well with julienne peeler to make the noodles or Mandolin to make flat lasagna-style veggie noodles. You may also use a regular spiralizer, but seedless cucumbers works best and are less of a mess. Best served raw in salads or veggie lasagna noodle roll ups.
- How to cook carrot noodles – These noodles hold up similar to sweet potato noodles. Bake or sauté! Great to use in casseroles or in place of pasta! Bake the noodles first for 10 minutes at 350F to create an al dente pasta!
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT NOODLES WITH APPLES and PEARS – Both apples and pears can go through a spiralizer or hand held spiralizer, but do make sure to remove the stems. For hand-held spiralizer, you will need to slice the apples or pears into wedges first in order to fit in the hand-held spiralizer.
- To make apple noodles without a spiralizer – you can use a vegetable peeler, but it is a little tough to get a lot of noodle with a hand-held peeler. I recommend using an Apple/Potato Peeler Corer. They work great! See, no need to waste the peel when making applesauce. Use thin-skinned apples (such as Gala or Golden Delicious) for handheld spiralizers.
- Also great to give texture in baked desserts, like my paleo apple pie!
SPECIAL COOKING TIP –> With asparagus, carrots, or any other high-moisture vegetables you treat as a noodle, you may need to pat it dry before you sauté or season it.
- Category: prep
- Method: cut
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegetarian, noodles, vegan, veggie noodles, spiralize, healthy, paleo, vegetables