Made with fresh produce, this Vegan Berry Crumble with Oats is an easy gluten free recipe for summer. Top it with a scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream for a dessert everyone will love!
- 3–4 cups of berries of choice – blueberries, raspberries, and/or blackberries.
- 1 cup (about 4 stalks) diced rhubarb
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar or maple syrup
- 1/3–1/2 cup (around 70 grams) gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons solidified soy free vegan butter or refined coconut oil, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat. Cook rhubarb with 2 teaspoons of sugar or maple syrup for 6-8 minutes or until it softens.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Add the butter (or solidified oil), and mix with two hands until a crumble texture is formed. Set aside.
- Layer the rhubarb, berries, and crumble topping mixture into a cast iron pan or casserole dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Note – If the edges start to burn before 40 minutes, cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, cover with foil and place in the oven at 350°F / 180°C until warmed through.
Extra Toppings and Tips: Add desired amount of non-dairy ice cream, coconut whip, or yogurt on top. Tip – Double the batch or save extra of the sweetened cooked rhubarb, then spoon it on to top with whipped cream or ice cream.
Texture Note – Because we added oats to the crumble topping, the crumble might look similar to a crisp. Half crisp, have crumble.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 51-55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/7th
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 14.4 g
- Sodium: 6.4 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.4 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: summer, dessert, gluten free, berries, rhubarb, crumble, vegan, dairy free