Inspired by your favorite cowboy cookies, these no bake energy bites are made with healthy ingredients for a gluten free breakfast or on-the-go snack you’ll love!
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats (See notes)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup no stir creamy nut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- Gluten free oat flour or plant based protein powder as needed (1-3 Tablespoons)
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chocolate chips, coconut, coconut sugar, nuts, and a pinch of cinnamon. Add the creamy nut butter and honey or maple syrup, and stir again to combine.
- Adjust the amount of honey or maple syrup needed for the batter to stick together.
- If batter is sticky, add 1-3 Tablespoons of gluten free oat flour or plant based protein powder, and mix together.
- Place batter in the fridge for 20 minutes. This allows for easier rolling later.
- Line a cookie sheet or large container with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove the batter from the fridge, and roll into 1-1.5 inch balls. Place balls on a cookie tray. Then, freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Once chilled, transfer into a Ziploc bag.
- Store in the fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
Do not swap out the rolled oats for quick oats! They will not hold the bites together well.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 1.7mg
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cowboy cookie, no bake, energy bite, no bake snacks, gluten free snacks, vegan, dairy free snack