Made with simple gluten free ingredients and so easy to make, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best you’ll ever taste!
- 1/3 cup melted refined coconut oil or refined avocado oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (175 grams) fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional – chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift or whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips and let the batter chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter onto a prepared baking sheet placing dough 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 -12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet. The bottoms will harden as they cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Storage Tips – Cookies may be frozen for up to 6 months.
Baking Tips – This is a standard vegan sugar cookie recipe that can be baked without chocolate chips. Try substituting other mix-ins for the chocolate chips such as nuts, dried cranberries, dried fruit, etc.
Baking Time – If you live at a higher altitude (above 3500’) your cookies may take longer to bake.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookies
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 64.2 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, cookies, dairy free, dessert, chocolate chip cookies