This hazelnut Turkish coffee recipe is one decadent homemade cup of coffee! A dairy free and vegan hazelnut coffee recipe with a cultural twist! A creamy vegan coffee drink to sip and savor!
- 1–2 tbsp finely ground (powdered) arabica coffee (or dark roast)
- 8–10 oz purified filtered water
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup Vegan Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
- pinch of nutmeg
- optional 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- First grind your coffee beans into a very fine coffee powder. A grinder works, just hold down and keep grinder for a while.
- Next place your water into a small pot. Add 1-2 tbsp of your coffee powder, sugar, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Let the coffee sink to the bottom of the pot and then dissolve the sugar with the water.
- Heat the coffee on low until you get a soft boil. You will start to see a foam on top.
- Once that happens, add in your vegan creamer. Let it come back up to a soft boil, then remove immediately and pour into demi cups or small glass cups.
- Leave the “sludge” at the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop any extra foam on top into your cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Turkish
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Sodium: 20.3mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 11.1mg
Keywords: Turkish coffee recipe, vegan hazelnut coffee, homemade coffee drinks