Two bite brownies with strawberries are an unrefined sugar treat for Valentine’s Day. Make this easy recipe using a gluten free OR grain free brownie mix!
- 21-ounce package gluten or grain free brownie mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup melted butter or oil (see notes)
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam/preserves (no added sugar option)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sliced strawberries or freeze-dried strawberries
- Extra fresh strawberry slices for topping
- 2 – 3 ounces dark chocolate to melt and coat ( you will not need to use all of it)
- 1 tsp refined coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Make brownie batter according to instructions on package. For this recipe, we’re using Bob’s Red Mill brownie mix, which requires 3 eggs and 1/2 cup melted butter (as listed above).
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, and butter in a large bowl, Mix well. Stir in the strawberry preserves. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Add a handful of sliced strawberries on top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. For fudge brownies, bake in an 8×8 pan about 40 minutes . You want the top to be crispy and inside more fudge like. If the brownies start to brown on the outside but still need baking in the middle, just cover with foil then continue to bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow brownies to cool in the pan.
- Once cool, crumble brownies into a large bowl. Feel free to mix in optional 1/2 tsp berry extract or more sliced strawberries.
- Next, with your hands, roll batter into balls about the size of a golf ball. Optional – Roll each bite in ground up freeze-dried strawberries for color/decor.
- Place a thin slice of fresh strawberry on top of each brownie bite. Fold/press each slice into the brownie ball so it seals to the top.
- Continue to do so for each bite, then place on a cookie sheet or other pan/tray.
- Place pan in freezer or fridge to set (I recommend freezer).
- While the balls are hardening in the fridge or freezer, melt dark chocolate.
- Melt 1/4 to 1/3 cup dark chocolate with 1 to 2 tsp coconut oil. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals or on stove top until all is melted, whisking between intervals.
- Once brownies with strawberries have set, remove from fridge and drizzle dark chocolate on top of each.
- Freeze or place in fridge until ready to serve. Store in fridge or freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- Making grain free version with this brownie mix will require 1/3 cup oil.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 gluten free brownie bite
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: two bite brownies, brownies with strawberries, grain free brownie mix, unrefined sugar