Spicy shrimp Caesar salad recipe is a gluten free twist on a classic dish for a wholesome, healthy meal ready in minutes. Serve it as a light lunch or easy dinner!
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups diced gluten free bread (about 1 1/2 to 2 pieces)
- Olive oil to coat
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
For the Dressing:
- 1 large garlic clove (1–2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1 egg yolk (replace with 1 Tablespoon mayo or plain hummus for egg free option)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1–2 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce (We us this one for gluten free option)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup freshly grated (fresh is key) Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Spicy option! Add a pinch or two of cayenne or paprika
For Spicy Shrimp:
- 6–8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure olive oil or melted butter
- Pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
- Dash of ground pepper
For the Salad:
- 6 cups fresh torn romaine and spinach (leaves), combined
- Optional sliced vegetables – 1/2 cup cucumber or carrot
- Gluten Free Croutons (above)
- Spicy Baked Shrimp (above)
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- Shaved Parmesan to garnish
How to Make the Gluten Free Croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Place the cubed bread in a mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil on top, and season with garlic powder and sea salt.
- Toss the bread crumbs until coated. Then, place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle optional grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Toast the bread in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy. While the croutons are baking, prep the dressing.
For the Dressing:
- Press the garlic, and finely chop it into minced pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolk (or mayo/hummus), lemon juice, dijon, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Finish by whisking in freshly grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside while to prepare the shrimp, and remove the croutons from the oven to cool.
For the Spicy Shrimp:
- Adjust the oven temperature to 450˚ F.
- Toss the clean/peeled shrimp in olive oil and spices. Spread the shrimp on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake the shrimp for 8-10 minutes, flipping once, halfway through cooking. The shrimp are done when the tails are browned and opaque throughout. Remove from the oven.
To Make Shrimp Caesar Salad:
- Rinse and dry the torn romaine/spinach. Place it in a large serving bowl. Add additional sliced vegetables if desired, and toss to combine.
- Add the cooled croutons, shrimp, avocado, and Parmesan shavings. Drizzle with Caesar dressing, and gently toss to combine.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Caesar Salad Dressing Nutrition per 2 Tablespoons: 130 calories, 10.9 grams fat, 6.3 grams carbs, 2.7 grams protein *Nutrition below does not include dressing.
The dressing can be made dairy free by replacing the parmesan with nutritional yeast, but the texture and taste will vary.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main, Salads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 288.1 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 27.4 g
- Cholesterol: 184.6 mg
Keywords: shrimp caesar salad, spicy, gluten free, spinach, salad