Healthy Spiced Apple Cider Crumble! Made with Apple Cider vinegar, apples, spiced, and more! This Spiced Apple Cider Crumble is Gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly! A single serve baked dessert or breakfast that’s actually good for your Health! Plus they are easy to make and delicious a la mode. Make one or multiple at a time!
- 1 cup cassava flour (or multipurpose GF flour if you don’t have cassava)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder and cream of tartar
- 1/3 c chopped apple (and 1 oz for additional topping on each bake)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tbsp Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each apple spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional if you don’t have apple spice)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk (Use 1/2 cup if you are using flour multipurpose flour)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- melted butter or coconut butter for topping
- extra spices and brown sugar or coconut sugar for topping
- 6oz sized ramekin (6 of them)
- *gluten free or grain free granola and coconut ice cream or real ice cream are optional toppings
- ** See notes if you want a FLUFFIER version
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, Mix your flour and dry ingredients first. Set aside.
- Whisk your egg and milk then fold in the Grain free flours.
- Add the applesauce, Apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and apple and mix again.
- add your spices and mix again. If batter is too dry, add more cream/milk
- scoop batter into greased 5-6 6oz sized ramekin until they are about 3/4 way full.
- In a small bowl, mix 1-2 tbsp melted butter and 2 tsp coconut sugar.
- Place 2 tbsp of additional chopped apple on each ramekin.
- drizzle butter/sugar mix over each ramekin.
- Add any additional spices you like on top of each
- Place all int he oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is browned and flour is baked in center.
- Let cool and add nuts, granola, or vanilla yogurt or ice cream if you’d like.
- If you want it to be sweeter, add in honey or baking stevia.
TIPS and SUBSTITUTIONS! br]
you can use coconut butter vs real butter.
If you want it more sweet, drizzle honey on top.
Pea Protein plus one more egg white works in place of coconut flour if you want it more fluffy!
Don’t have ramekins? You can use a baking pan and bake it all at one. But might need to add more topping and check the cooking times.
for cassava flour- we use ottos naturals.