Smashed Mexican Beans Avocado Toast Recipe. A Gluten Free, Vegan Friendly Avocado Toast Recipe loaded with simple, yet spicy, ingredients. Make for a main meal or even a healthy appetizer!
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans . I used my Mexican Beans recipe . Or see notes for Organic Canned Beans.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chili pepper or jalapeno,
- 1/2 tsp Salt and pepper each (divided)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 6 slices Gluten Free bread
- 1 tsp oil (if toasting bread in oven)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomatillo – sliced thin
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes (small handful cut into quarters)
- Olive Oil to drizzle
- Any additional spices to sprinkle on top -optional. example chili powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, or Mexican seasoning, etc.
- First Blend together the first 6 ingredients (beans, 2 garlic cloves, chili pepper/jalapeno, 1/4 salt/pepper, onion, and paprika. Best to use a blender or food processor. You will want to Pulse in processor until mixture is “smashed” or mashed like. See pictures.
- Once blended, taste to see if needs to more salt/pepper and adjust. Set aside in small bowl or container.
- Toast your bread in a toaster, toaster oven or conventional oven. I found it tasted best in oven on a sheet pan. Just preheat oven to 350F. Add 1 tsp oil to each slice, place on sheet pan, then toast for 10 minutes on each side.
- Once you have your bread toasted, remove and layer to make your avocado toast recipe.
- Add 1-2 tbsp mashed avocado on toast.
- Next spread 2-3 tbsp of your mashed Mexican bean mix on top..
- Place a few slices of tomatillo on top of each bread along with and cherry tomatoes.
- Cilantro to garnish.
- Additional Mexican seasoning of choice, Salt, cracked pepper, and then drizzle olive oil on top of each avocado toast.
- There will be extra Smashed Mexican bean spread. Store in air tight container in fridge until you are ready to eat again. It make s a great dip too!
- For breakfast avocado toast, just add an egg on top! For quick beans, you can use Organic Canned Pinto Beans
- Category: main
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 148.5mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.3mg
Keywords: avocado toast recipe, Mexican beans, easy gluten free meals, vegan avocado toast recipe