- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (or about 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot mix (or about 2/3 cup each)
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 to 11/2 tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter (divided)
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts or seeds
- Optional 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 6–8 large scallops (we use Sizzlefish)
- 3 tbsp chives or scallions
- Sea salt
- First, make sure to soak or rinse off the starch from your quinoa. Then cook in broth according to instructions. I usually add in a dash of salt and oil, bring to a boil, them simmer until fluffy (about 20 minutes or less).
- While the quinoa is cooking, sauté your scallops in 1/2 tbsp coconut butter or coconut oil (which is good for higher heat) or other oil of choice, and your chives. Add in a tsp of tamari or balsamic vinegar to give it a nice brown glaze. Sautee on medium high for about 6 minutes or until scallops are almost opaque.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff it then move it into a larger pan or wok. Add in your eggs, garlic, tamari sauce, onion, addition 1/2 to 1 tbsp coconut butter, and veggies, and stir-fry it until eggs and veggies are cooked and scrambled. Add in your scallops and the sauce from the scallops the last few minutes. Or feel free to keep them separate and serve on top of each other.
- Dish up and top with seeds and more sauce if desired. Feel free to garnish with fresh ginger as well. It goes nicely!
- Serves around 4.