This Rosemary Citrus Baked salmon is a healthy one pan meal ready in 20 minutes. Grain free, gluten free, low carb, Whole 30 and paleo friendly.
- 1/3 c olive oil
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, plus 1-2 extra sprigs to garnish (See notes for dried rosemary option)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp of grated dried orange peel (divided)
- Kosher salt or fine sea salt to taste
- 1 bunch thin asparagus (trimmed) (Or other vegetable of choice)
- Olive oil or melted butter to drizzle
- 10–12 ounces sockeye salmon (whole fillet or around 3 fillets)
- Thinly sliced Orange (5-6)
- Optional 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- Additional Salt/pepper to taste – after baking
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Whisk together orange juice, lemon, 2 tbsp rosemary, 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil, pinch of salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp orange peel and garlic. Set aside.
3. Next Layer your dish.
4. First add your trimmed asparagus (or other vegetable of choice) and drizzle with olive oil or butter. Add a pinch (1/4 tsp or so) of lemon pepper seasoning.
5. Place your salmon (skin side down) on between the asparagus spears.
6. Drizzle the orange rosemary marinade on top of the salmon.
7. Add thin orange slices on top of the salmon and on top of the asparagus.
8. Place 2 to 2 fresh sprigs of rosemary evenly on top of the salmon and around the pan.
9. Sprinkle a bit more orange peel, pepper, and kosher salt on top of the salmon veggie bake.
10. Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is not longer opaque in the middle.
- Feel free to use 1 1/2 to 2 tsp dried rosemary in place of 2 tbsp fresh. You can also use green beans or broccoli instead of asparagus.
- This recipe calls for 1 salmon fillet weighing 12 ounces, or you may use three 4 ounce fillets. For wild caught sockeye salmon fillets, we use sizzlefish.
- Category: Main
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Keywords: baked salmon, paleo, low carb, whole30, grain free, gluten free