Gluten Free chickpea pasta with a zesty lemon herb sauce, Spanish olives, and roasted radishes! Vegan friendly.
For the Lemon Herb Sauce
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (sage or tarragon -without stems)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil (use closer to 1/3 cup if the marinade isn’t thin enough)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika, optional
- 1 Tablespoon ground mustard or honey mustard
For the Chickpea Pasta:
- 1 cup chopped red radish or summer radish
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for roasting
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces Lentil Chickpea pasta (or gluten free pasta of choice)
- Water to boil and pinch of kosher salt for pot
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces Spanish olives (green)
- Sliced lemon and sage leaves to garnish
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- First. Make your lemon herb sauce. Blend everything together in a food processor blender. Place in bowl and set aside or in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Toss your chopped radish in oil, pinch of sea salt/pepper, and place on baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until radishes are lightly browned with crispy edges.
- While radishes are roasting, make your gluten free chickpea pasta. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Cook in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 5-7 minutes until pasta is al dente. Drain and rinse cold. Add the pasta back to the pot. Place pasta pot back on the stove on medium low.
- Mix in your lemon sage marinade and stir gently.
- Once radishes are done roasting, add them to your pasta, then mix in your olives.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl or individual bowls.
Garnish with lemon slices, fresh herbs, and sea salt/black pepper.
- Optional Mix ins and toppings (not vegan) – 1 tbsp yogurt to make extra creamy and grated parmesan. Serve hot or cold.
You can make this pasta ahead and store in fridge for up to 3 days. Serve hot or cold.
29% Daily Iron intake per serving – 5.3 mg
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 222 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: pasta, vegan, gluten free, pasta salad, roasted vegetables, healthy, radish,