POWER FUEL Green Smoothie. The perfect green smoothie that’s powered by real food. Whole 30 friendly, Paleo, Vegan.
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1/2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil (melted) – may be substituted for other healthy fats, (i.e avocado, almond butter, or tahini) if desired.
- 1 green apple (core removed)
- 8– 10 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2–3 mint leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Optional Ice (handful)
- Optional natural sweetener – 3-4 pitted dates, banana, or maple syrup/honey.
- First place your spinach leaves in microwave safe bowl. Add the coconut oil. Mix together. Steam in microwave for just 15-20 seconds. You can do this on the stove as well. Just make sure the spinach is slightly steamed and mixed with oil.
- Next place the remainder of your ingredients (apples, juice, mint, etc.) in a blender. Add your coconut oil and spinach.
- Blend until Smooth.
- Feel free to add more juice or water to thin it out or a handful of ice to thicken it.
- If you want it sweeter, add 1 small banana or maple syrup.
Optional Sweeteners – 1 tbsp or more maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, a few pitted dates, or even a banana.
This can be made into 2 smaller drinks if desired.
- Category: drink
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: green smoothie, drink, vegan, whole 30, paleo, smoothie, healthy, breakfast