This paleo meal prep recipe for Za’atar Chicken with Cucumber Raita makes a paleo dinner that’s packed with flavor and anti-inflammatory benefits! It’s easy to make and so delicious!
Za’atar Spice Blend:
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp Za’atar Spice Blend (or more if desired)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Kefir Cucumber Raita:
- 1 cup kefir or coconut milk yogurt (I like goat milk kefir)
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill, loosely packed, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
- Baby arugula
- cucumber slices
- cherry tomato slices
Prepare the Za’atar Spice Blend:
- Note: You will have more za’atar spice blend than you need for this recipe, which you can save for future cooking endeavors—it’s great on fish, beef, and pork.
- Stir together the ingredients for the za’atar spice blend in a small bowl.
Prepare the Za’atar Chicken:
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag or sealable container and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1½ Tbsp (or more, if desired) of the za’atar spice blend and sea salt.
- Seal the bag and shake until the chicken is well-coated in spices and oil. Refrigerate and allow the chicken to marinate at least 15 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish in a single layer, allowing space between each breast for even cooking. Bake chicken 25 to 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 163 degrees. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and allow it to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Prepare the Kefir Cucumber Raita:
- Stir together the ingredients for the raita in a bowl until combined. Optional: taste and add sea salt if it needs more flavor.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble the Bowls:
- Add the desired amount of baby arugula to each bowl or plate, top with za’atar chicken, cucumber and tomato, and kefir cucumber raita.
- You will have more za’atar spice blend than you need for this recipe, which you can save for future cooking endeavors—it’s great on fish, beef, and pork.
- If you can’t find kefir: replace kefir with regular Greek yogurt.
- If you are intolerant to dairy, replace kefir with coconut milk yogurt (make sure that there is no added sugar).
Paleo Meal Prep Tips:
- Prepare the chicken up to 3 days ahead of time.
- Make the kefir cucumber raita up to 3 days ahead of time.
- Cook the rice up to 5 days ahead of time.
estimated nutrition below using 2% plain greek yogurt.
- Category: Main
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: paleo meal prep, za'atar chicken, cucumber raita, anti-inflammatory meal prep