This keto green smoothie is creamy, with the citrus flavor of key lime pie! Make this dairy free smoothie recipe for dessert, snack, or a breakfast shake. Packed with nutrients for good gut health!
- 14 ounces unsweetened dairy free milk (coconut milk or almond milk work best)
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 small ripe avocado (around 125 g)
- 1/2 frozen small banana (see notes for Keto option)
- 2 tbsp of juice from key limes (sliced lime for topping)
- maple syrup, to taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (or vegan protein or collagen protein powder)
- Mint leaves
- optional extra GREENS – 1/4 cup steamed spinach
- Blend ingredients in blender or with hand blender until creamy. Pour into 2 glasses or keep for later.
- Serve with fresh mint and lime on top.
- If you are adding spinach, I recommend steaming it slightly for easier digestion. Spinach is optional but boosts iron intake.
- To reduce sugar and carbs, omit maple syrup and banana. Or replace with sugar substitute of choice and 1/4 c chilled canned coconut cream/milk.
- Category: drink
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 8 oz. with banana
Keywords: keto green smoothie, keto avocado smoothie, lime smoothie, dairy free smoothie recipe, vegan, gluten free, paleo