This tasty appetizer is commonly known, but my version is spooky for Halloween. Deviled eggs made to look like blood shot eyeballs! All you need are green olives, spices, eggs, and your favorite paleo condiment to mix in! Deviled egg eyeballs a favorite with the kids (and adults) at Halloween parties but also easy to make and healthy!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4c to 1/3 cup paleo mayo (see notes for alternatives)
- 2 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Green olives with pimentos
- Paprika for topping
- First hard boil your eggs. Let them cool before peeling.
- Once peeled, slice your eggs vertically.
- Scoop out the yolk and place in a bowl.
- Mix in the rest of your ingredients, except the paprika and olives. The more mayo you use, the creamier. If you want it more thick, use only 1/4 cup amount.
- Taste and see if it’s salty enough, if not, add a dash more salt or pickle juice.
- Mix until smooth then scoop a 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp of egg yolk mix into your egg white halves.
- Smooth the the surface of the egg and then place the olive with the pimento sticking up, to look like the eye pupil.
- Sprinkle with paprika to make it look bloodshot.
- You can also use chili sauce if you prefer.
The paleo mayo recipe I use is this one –> http://paleoleap.com/paleo-mayonnaise/
You can also use cream cheese or a hummus if you don’t like mayo.
If you are making 12 dozen eggs, just double the recipe but add in the salt 1/4 tsp at a time and taste to make sure it’s not too salty.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: eggs, deviled eggs, paleo, low carb, halloween