Zesty Orange Paleo Zucchini Bread! A classic quick bread recipe made healthier with simple ingredients. Paleo friendly and refined sugar free.
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and/or ginger
- 1 medium zucchini (grated, water extracted)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (divided)
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1/3 to 1/2 c coconut milk or almond milk (regular cream may be substituted)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Orange slices to top
Optional ORANGE GINGER GLAZE – not strict paleo, sugar free option
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (see post for sugar free option and link in post to make paleo)
- 3 tbsp – 1/4 cup orange juice (from listed above)
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- dash of orange zest or orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and oil the sides. 9×5 or 8×4 for denser bread.
- Sift together the almond flour/coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a small bowl; stir in your sugar and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini onto a plate or bowl. Press the grated zucchini with a paper towel to extract as much water out as possible. Or place zucchini in a towel and squeeze out water. Place back into bowl.
- Next whisk or blend together (in blender or hand mixer) eggs, milk, and 1/3 cup of the orange juice. Keep the other 1/4 cup for optional glaze.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl and mix together. If batter seems too dry, add a touch more milk.
- Stir in the melted coconut oil and vanilla. Lastly, fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the batter into a loaf/bread pan. The batter will be thick due to coconut flour, so you might need to use a spatula to even out the batter in the pan. Place thinly sliced orange slices on top.
- Place in oven on center rack and bake for around 50 -60 minutes.
- Check middle with knife or toothpick at around 45 minutes to make sure it comes out clean. Depending on the oven, the bread could take up to 70 minutes to bake. If you find the bread is taking longer than 50 minutes, cover with foil and keep baking until center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Spread the optional glaze on top before slicing, or skip and slice as is.
FOR THE OPTIONAL GINGER GLAZE
- Combine your ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. See post for link to sugar free powdered sugar option.
- Drizzle glaze on top of bread before serving or on each individual piece.
- Store in fridge if not using. If using coconut oil, you will need to warm it a but to liquify after placing in fridge.
- The glaze is optional, but delicious if serving at brunch. This bread is freezer friendly.
- Sugar free powdered sugar can be used in glaze.
- Nutrition below based on calculations without glaze
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: bread, zucchini, paleo, grain free, dessert, gluten free