Zesty Orange Paleo Zucchini Bread is a classic quick bread recipe made healthier with simple ingredients. Paleo friendly and refined sugar free.
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and/or ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1 medium zucchini, grated with water extracted
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk (regular cream may be substituted)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, thinly slices for topping
Optional ORANGE GINGER GLAZE – not strict paleo, sugar free option
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar (see post for sugar free option and link in post to make Paleo)
- 3 Tablespoons – 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of orange zest or orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and oil the sides. May use an 8×4 loaf pan for denser bread.
- Sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; stir in sugar and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini onto a plate or bowl. Press the grated zucchini with a paper towel to extract as much water out as possible. Or place zucchini in a towel and squeeze out water. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk or blend together eggs, milk, and orange juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl and mix together. If batter seems too dry, add a touch more milk.
- Stir in the melted coconut oil and vanilla. Lastly, fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the batter into a loaf/bread pan. The batter will be thick due to coconut flour, evenly spread batter into loaf pan using a spatula. Place thinly sliced orange slices on top.
- Place in oven on center rack and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Check for doneness at 1 hour by inserting toothpick into center of bread, when comes out clean, the bread is baked through. Depending on the oven, the bread could take up to 1 hour and 25 minutes to bake. If edges become darker brown, cover with foil and bake until center of bread is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Spread the optional glaze on top before slicing, or skip and slice as is.
FOR THE OPTIONAL GINGER GLAZE
- Combine all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. See post for link to sugar free powdered sugar option.
- Drizzle glaze on top of entire bread before serving or on each individual piece.
- Store in fridge if not using all glaze at once. If using coconut oil, warm the glaze in microwave slightly to liquify glaze from solidifying in cool fridge.
- The glaze is optional, but delicious if serving at brunch.
- This bread is freezer friendly.
- Sugar free powdered sugar can be used in glaze.
- Nutrition below based on calculations without glaze
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 70-80 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 12.3 g
- Sodium: 161.5 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 74.4 mg
Keywords: bread, zucchini, paleo, grain free, dessert, gluten free