Make this easy gluten-free orange zucchini bread with orange glaze for a sweet, nutritious bread perfect for breakfast or snacks!
- 1 cup grated zucchini (see notes)
- 3 cups (335-340 grams) blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30-35 grams) gluten-free oat flour (see notes for substitute)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1/3 cup orange juice + 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Optional: orange extract
- Optional Garnish: orange slices to top
Optional Orange Glaze (enhances orange flavor)
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar (or sugar-free alternative)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or refined coconut oil
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash orange zest or orange peel
- Line an 8 x 4 or 9 x 5 pan with parchment paper. Grate zucchini and place in a colander. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and orange juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and gently mix to combine. Fold in the shredded zucchini and orange zest and mix gently with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, place optional orange slices on top and bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If starting to brown at 30 minutes, cover with foil and continue to bake.
- Let bread cool in the pan then remove from the loaf pan and let the bread cool completely or chill for 10 minutes in the fridge before slicing. This helps the inside of the bread to set after baking.
- Store the bread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Combine all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on top of the entire loaf before serving or on each individual piece.
- Store in the fridge if not using all the glaze at once. If using coconut oil, warm the glaze in the microwave slightly to liquify glaze from solidifying in the fridge.
Substitutes – 2 to 3 Tablespoons coconut flour (equivalent grams) may be substituted for oat flour, but note the inside texture and baking time will vary.
Zucchini Tips – Do not grate zucchini too finely. Some moisture/water is okay to leave from the grated zucchini. There is no need to squeeze any water out of the zucchini.
Baking Tips – An 8×4 pan will create a taller loaf but the center will take longer to bake. Use foil to cover if the top is starting to brown. Metal loaf pans bake bread the quickest in comparison to glass pans or ceramic. I prefer to use metal pans for baking bread.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 166.1 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 50.7 mg
Keywords: bread, zucchini, paleo, grain free, dessert, gluten free, orange zucchini bread, zucchini orange bread