Made with 3 different flavor options, this Noatmeal is ready in 20 minutes for an easy grain-free breakfast you’ll love. Pick your favorite, or make them all!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons smooth nut butter (or coconut oil for a nut-free option)
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds or flax meal (or a combination of 2 Tablespoons each)
- 1/3 cup almond flour (or ground almonds) or unsweetened shredded coconut for a nut-free option.
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon and/or ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- Optional sweetener – depending on flavors (honey, maple syrup, cocoa, monk fruit, etc.)
- Optional toppings of choice (See notes for flavor options)
Flavor Options – Mix into basic n’oatmeal (above) before dividing into 2 bowls.
1. Raspberry Mint
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- TOPPINGS – Fresh raspberries and mint leaves
2. Blueberries Coconut Lemon (nut-free version)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- TOPPINGS – Fresh blueberries and 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
3. Midnight Mocha
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (added to milk before mixing into a pot and boiling)
- TOPPINGS – dark chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk, hemp hearts, almond flour (or shredded coconut), flax meal, chia seeds, spices, and salt. Turn the heat to medium, add the nut butter or oil, and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Bring the ingredients to a low boil, stirring constantly. Then, reduce the heat to low, and let the ingredients simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the optional sweetener, if using.
- Cover the noatmeal, and let it sit for about 8-10 minutes to thicken.
- Divide the noatmeal between two bowls, and add the toppings of choice, if desired.
Overnight Noatmeal Option: Combine the basic noatmeal ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix in the sweetener of choice. Refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours or overnight, stirring at least once. To serve, add more almond milk or cream to thin out if desired, and add toppings of choice (3 ways above).
Nutrition information is for basic noatmeal only and doesn’t include flavor options.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 197.8 mg
- Fat: 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 9.2 g
- Protein: 20.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: noatmeal, grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb, breakfast