Healthy Moroccan Salad recipe with Chickpea and Quinoa . Plant based and rich in protein. Great for meal prep too!
- 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup chickpeas (canned/drained chickpeas or pre roasted if you can find them)
- toss fresh chickpeas in a pinch of ground turmeric, pepper, sea salt, and ginger (optional, but delicious.)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (red onion or green work best)
- 4–6 cups leafy greens
- 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled or cubed feta cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 4 figs (dried or fresh) or pitted dated (sliced or diced)
- 1 cup diced carrot or zucchini
- 1/2 to 1 ounce pistachios
Dressing and garnishes:
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Lemon + splash of juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each ground paprika and cumin,
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c chopped parsley leaves (fresh)
- 2 tbsp chopped mint (or 3 mint leaves)
- First, prepare your quinoa according to package. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Rinse your chickpeas (if using canned) and then toss them with pinch of turmeric, ginger, and pepper. Mix together with cooked quinoa.
- Next, layer your salad. Greens, grains, vegetables, figs, feta, chickpeas, onion, pistachio and so on.
- Whisk together honey, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, and remaining dressing spices.
- Pour over salad and toss. Mix in your chopped parsley.
- Add a splash of lemon and lemon slices to garnish.
- Fresh Mint on top to garnish (chopped or whole)
- Serve immediately or cover and place in fridge for up to 2 days. For longer storage or meal prep, keep the dressing separate until ready to serve.
- Optional protein to toss in or layer on top of salad – grilled chicken, prosciutto, salmon, seared lamb, etc.
- Category: salad
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: salad, chickpea salad, quinoa, gluten free, vegetarian, moroccan, mediterranean, healthy, gluten free