Full of health benefits, this Mint Chimichurri Sauce recipe comes together in minutes and adds refreshing flavor to all your favorite meals!
- 1 1/2 cups (1 bunch) flat leaf parsley, torn
- 1 cup mint leaves with the stem
- 2 teaspoons serrano or jalapeno pepper (1/2 a pepper with or without the seeds) (*See notes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Place the parsley, mint, pepper, garlic, lime, and honey into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use for dipping or as a marinade.
For an extra spicy sauce, include a few seeds from the pepper.
The finished cause will be thick with pieces of fresh herbs still in it. For a thinner consistency, add more oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: latin
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 6.7 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sauce, mint, chimichurri, condiment, marinade