Utilize leftover turkey and vegetables with these quick and wholesome loaded salad bowls! Gluten free and dairy free friendly.
- 3 to 4 cups leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 Cup Salsa Con Queso cheese (My vegan salsa con queso recipe or gluten free pre-made queso of choice, see notes)
- 1 cup diced cooked sweet potato (peeled or skin on)
- 1 cup Broccoli Floret or Cauliflower florets (raw or cooked)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot (ribbon cut or julienne cut)
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini (ribbon cut or julienne cut)
- 15–18 Blue Corn Tortilla Chips or Sweet potato chips
- 6 –8 ounces shredded or diced Roasted or Smoked Turkey (leftovers turkey or even Ham work great!)
- handful of sliced Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (de-seed if you don’t want spicy)
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Fresh Cilantro to Garnish
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Lime -sliced into wedges
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- First, make sure your vegan queso is made. It’s SUPER easy and only takes 10 minutes. Made with leftover ingredients like potato, carrot, cauliflower, and canned tomatoes. Recipe is here. BUT If you don’t want to make it, no problem. You can use regular queso of choice. I recommend Pacific foods if you are wanting a quick alternative. It’s not dairy free though.
- Place queso in microwave safe bowl and cover. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between, until queso is warm. Set aside.
- Load up your Leftover Turkey Nacho Bowls. Divide your ingredients evenly into two or 3 bowls, starting with the leafy greens. You can also just use one large serving bowl
Then add the cooked sweet potato, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, your tortilla chips, leftover turkey, avocado slices, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Sea Salt/pepper to taste.
- Add a tsp of red pepper flakes to each bowl. Optional Garlic powder to sprinkle.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over each salad bowl.
- Scoop your queso on top of each bowl, warmed. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
This is one super easy salad bowl. You can use turkey, chicken, ham, or even chickpeas for the protein boost.
Both my vegan queso recipe and regular salsa queso have about the same calories. The difference is the vegan queso will be lower in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Category: main
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
Keywords: leftover turkey, salad, gluten free, low carb dairy free, grain free