This Citrus Kombucha Mezcal cocktail is a healthy cocktail recipe that adds a probiotic punch! Ditch the sugary cocktails with refined juice and syrups and make kombucha your mixer instead.
- 1 large grapefruit -juiced plus extra slices for garnish
- 1 lime – juiced, plus extra slices to garnish
- 2 ounces ounce orange juice
- Muddled herbs of choice (like mint and/or basil)
- 4 –6 ounces Mezcal – depends on how strong you like your cocktails
- 1/4 c honey or agave (or to taste)
- Mint to garnish (optional)
- Coarse Salt for glasses
- Optional ice – large cube or crushed
- 12–14 ounces your favorite kombucha – ex: ginger, berry, citrus, or tropical flavor.
- Optional 4 ounces flavored sparkling water or club soda/water
Need a MOCKTAIL Version? Just skip the mezcal and add more kombucha!
If you have a cocktail shaker, see notes for quick prep.
- In a large container or glass juice your grapefruit, lime, and orange. Be sure to save extra slices for garnishing. Mix in muddled herbs of choice (like mint and/or basil), if desired.
- Add the mezcal and then stir in honey or agave. Adjust to taste.
- Take the sliced/cut lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it. Then dip each glass in the coarse salt (if desired) and add a touch of crushed ice. Ice is optional but not needed.
- Next Pour the mezcal citrus juice blend evenly into glasses .
- Top each glass with 3 -4 ounces (or more if desired) with kombucha 12-14 ounces total.
- If you want extra fizz and have run out of kombucha add sparkling water/soda into each glass. )
- Garnish with sliced citrus and herbs
- QUICK COCKTAIL SHAKER VERSION – Mix ingredients together in a cocktail shaker. Serve over a touch of crush ice and top with a splash of club soda or sparkling water, fruit slices, and mint.
- Mezcal brands to try –> HERE
- Category: drink
- Method: shake
- Cuisine: mexican american
Keywords: cocktail, mezcal, vegan, healthy cocktail, kombucha, gluten free, alcohol