These keto taco salad bowls use delicious cheese taco shells to hold the salad ingredients. This is a fantastic vegetarian keto or low carb dinner idea!
- 6 1-ounce (28 grams) cheese wraps (mozzarella or cheddar jack)
taco salad fillings of choice:
Each taco cup can hold 2-3 tbsp of each salad ingredient below. Pick and choose your favorite!
- shredded salad greens
- diced avocado
- diced bell pepper and tomato
- sliced jalapeno
- sour cream
- vegan con queso or salsa of choice
- sliced olives
- pinch of taco seasoning or salt seasoning of choice
- cooked corn kernels (omit for keto option)
- optional protein fillings – diced grilled chicken, black beans, chickpeas, ground cooked meat of choice (fill these cups with your meaty leftovers!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease 3 small prep bowls or the back of a large muffin pan. Set aside.
- Place 3 cheese wrap slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes. Edges will start to brown and middle will bubble.
- Remove from oven and cut the parchment paper into three, dividing the cheese into separate pieces. Gently flip the cheese (with parchment paper) over into the bowl, letting the cheese mold into the middle of the bowl. Press cheese into the bottom and around the bowl. Repeat for other 2 cheese slices.
- Bake second batch of 3 cheese slices and repeat instructions. I recommend baking in two batches so you have enough time to mold the cheese cups before the cheese cools in the second batch. You are more than welcome to bake both baking sheets at once but the texture/cooling might vary with the second pan.
- When the keto cheese taco shells are cool, fill the cups with ingredients of your choice and enjoy!
Nutrition below based off 1 marble jack cheese taco bowl with 2 tbsp of each topping. No corn topping for keto option.
- Category: salad
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: mexican american
Keywords: keto, taco salad, keto taco salad, cheese cups, vegetarian, salad, gluten free