Sweet Potato pasta made with spiralized sweet potatoes in zesty tomato sauce. Easy Italian Sweet Potato Spaghetti Bowls come together in 20 minutes! Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan.
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or avocado oil (basically a more buttery, creamy fat to sauté with)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh kale or spinach
- for the zesty red tomato sauce:
- 14.5 Ounce can Red Gold’s Crushed Tomatoes other Red Gold’s Diced Tomatoes of choice
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 tsp salt/pepper each
- topping and mix ins:
- handful of black olives
- 1–2 tbsp capers
- handful of fresh herbs like basil or oregano
- First peel your sweet potatoes and then spiralize them into noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer, then you can julienne cut them and make more of a “stir fry.”
- Also chop your onion and mince the garlic.
- Next, place sweet potato spaghetti noodles in small microwave safe bowl with 1 tbsp water.
- Place in microwave on high for about 30-40 seconds to soften. Set aside.
For the Sauce:
- Drain your tomatoes and then place all the rest of your sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place your garlic, onion, and oil/butter in a large skillet, pot, or pan. Fry for 1 -2 minutes until fragrant and onion softened.
- Mix in your tomato sauce and let it cook for another minute or so on medium.
- Last add in your sweet potato spaghetti noodles, kale or spinach, and the rest of your spices/seasoning.
- Toss and cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium or until kale/spinach is softened and the noodles are done to your liking. You will want to keep tossing noodles around with the other ingredients every few minutes.
- Cook shorter if you want more al dente noodles.
- Lastly, add in your olives and capers and toss once more. Note You can also wait to add in your olives and capers to each individual bowl.
- Serve into bowls and scoop any extra of the tomato sauce from the pan on top of each bowl.
- Garnish with fresh basil or oregano.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Will keep fresh for 5 days in fridge.
- If you are not paleo or vegan, feel free to top with parmesan or other cheese of choice. You can also add in a cooked protein such as chicken, tofu, chickpeas, shrimp, etc.
- If prepping ahead, don’t steam noodles until ready to assemble the recipe.
- Approximately 175-220 calories per serving. 6-9 grams fat. 25 -36 carbs and 6 – 8 grams of protein. Depends on what toppings you add in and what the serving size is.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: main, dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sweet potato pasta, quick and easy dinners, meatless meals, spiralized sweet potatoes