Easy and healthy. How to make Snap Pea Chips! Oven baked or dehydrated!
- 3–4 cups Fresh or Frozen snap peas
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion or garlic powder
- Optional 3–4 tbsp nutritional yeast (vegan option for “cheesy” taste)
- 2 –3 tsp oil
- Lay your snap peas on a paper towel or parchment paper. Blot off any extra water.
- Lightly drizzle with oil then Season with sea salt, onion powder, and nutritional yeast. Toss to coat the snap peas then place flat Dehydrate in dehydrator at 135-140F for 8hrs or so. (Oven dried option below)
- Let them sit another hour at room temp before packaging. If you are using fresh vs frozen snap peas, the dehydrating time will be faster, so check around 6 hrs.
Oven Dried Instructions
- place seasoned snap peas on baking sheet. Set your temp at 170F and Place tray of snap peas in center rack. Prop the oven door open about 1 inch. You can use a piece of foil that’s bunched up to do that. The cooking time will be shorter, so check around 4 hrs.
- Season more once dried if desired. The oven dried chips will be crispy for a day but then lose crispiness after a few days if not dried long enough to begin with.
- For QUICK BAKING instructions (quicker) See Notes
- For baked version, just bake 350F 15-20 minutes. Best to flip them over after 10-15 minutes.
- The oven dried will turn out a darker/yellow green in color versus when dried in a dehydrator. They will keep more green hue if dried in dehydrator. Just note that.
- my current dehydrator
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: snack
- Method: oven, dehydrator
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 183,7mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: snap pea chips, healthy snacks, dehydrator recipes, vegan snacks