Healthy and gluten free Vegetable Stuffed Baked Egg Boats! For breakfast, brunch or dinner! These veggie packed baked egg boats are super easy, super healthy, and a tasty vegetarian meal that everyone enjoys!
- 3 twelve inch gluten free baguette (or 1 1/2 twenty four inch baguettes)
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup brussel sprouts shavings
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1/3 cup parmesan (shredded or crumbles)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Optional tabasco and/or chili pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Grease or oil a large baking dish and set aside.
- Next sliced your baguette vertically. Cut in half so that you have 6 six in baguette halves.
- Scoop out a small section of the middle of each. Big enough to fit egg and veggies.
- Add 1 tsp butter to each baguette middle. Spread evenly.
- Place baguette halves in oiled baking dish.
- Fill eggs with 2 tbsp or more of shaved brussel sprouts. Still leave a small hole for the egg.
- Gently place your egg yolk in the center hole of each baguette.
- NOTE –> You will have to probably remove most of the egg white prior so it’s not runny.
- Add diced shallot of top of each. 1-2 tbsp on each.
- Evenly sprinkle your parmesan, garlic salt, pepper, and sea salt over each baguette.
- drizzle olive oil on top of all quickly. A little goes a long way.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- If you want eggs more runny, check at 14 to 15 minutes. If you want them more hard boiled and crispier bread, bake a little longer.
- Remove and season with chili pepper or top with tabasco.
NOTE –> You will have to probably remove most of the egg white prior so it’s not runny.
You can use any veggie but shredded works best!
If you want eggs more runny, check at 13 or 14 minutes. If you want them more hard boiled and crispier bread, bake a little longer.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min