This cake donut recipe will become your favorite way to make healthy donuts! These strawberry glazed donuts are kid friendly, gluten free, and super easy to make in a blender or a bowl! Perfect for breakfast or a gluten free dessert!
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup raw sugar or 1/2 c sugar substitute for reduced sugar option. (see notes)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries (extra for decorating, if desired)
- 1 extra large egg (see notes if you don’t have XL eggs)
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter or refined coconut oil
GREEK YOGURT GLAZE –
- 1 cup powdered sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt or non dairy greek yogurt
- 1 tsp non dairy milk or water
- 1 tbsp strawberry puree (i.e one strawberry, blended) or 3 drop natural red dye
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease your donut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour. Add the sugar, baking powder, and salt to the sifted flour and whisk again until combined. Set aside.
- Cut the stems of your strawberries and add them to the blender along with your milk. Blend until a smoothie like mixture is formed.
- Once blended, turn the blender on low and slowly add in your egg, melted butter or oil, and vanilla. Gently blend until combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the blender batter into the sifted flour and sugar mixture. Stir gently. Repeat until you’ve used up the blender batter and mixture in the bowl is smooth and combined. It will look similar to muffin batter.
- Next, spoon the combined batter into greased donut pan. If you want the donuts to be a perfect shape, you will need to use a pastry bag or ziplock bag to fill instead. But I found that a spoon still works great! * We filled two of these donut pans to get 10-12 donuts
- Place in donut pan in oven on center rack for 15-17 minutes. Check at 15 to see if they are golden brown.
- While donuts are baking, mix the glaze.
- Once donuts are baked, remove from oven and let them cool for 5 -10 minutes.
Blending options – if you don’t have a blender, you may use a food processor or hand mixer to make the strawberry cream batter.
If you don’t have extra large eggs, replace with 1 large egg and egg white from another large egg.
You can use Monk fruit or erythritol sugar in place of coconut sugar and powdered sugar for glaze.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: .7g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
Keywords: donut, healthy, blender, baked donuts, gluten free, strawberries