- 6 eggs (or 4 eggs and 1/4 cup egg whites for lighter version)
- 2 cups berries (1/2 cup saved for topping)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (for chocolate version)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (meal)
- 1 cup peanut flour (coconut flour or pea protein will work too)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (can use raw or brown sugar if you’d like)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp potato starch or arrowroot starch
- dash of cinnamon
- First, wash you raspberry and place in food processor or vitamix. Be sure to save 1/2 cup whole raspberries for topping. Pulse until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees Grease a 9 in round baking tin or 14 mini cakes/ muffins. Feel Free to use liners instead of grease.
- Next, add your eggs, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, peanut butter, pb flour, almond meal, and cocoa to the raspberry in the processor. Run until you have a cohesive cake mixture.
- Pour into the prepared muffin/cake cups or cake tin and place extra whole raspberries in center of each mini cake or muffin. Then bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer comes clean from the center.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
Note – I made half of these without the cocoa powder and added 1 tbsp cinnamon instead. Pour half the batter into muffin cups. Then I added the cocoa and blended again. Poured that half in the remaining cups. So same batch but half were chocolate, the other was cinnamon vanilla. You can easily just pick one or the other pour it all into a cake pan or muffin. All taste great!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min